A Joke Of A Company

Discussion in 'Swift' started by musicman, Dec 18, 2006.

1. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    there are more options out there

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    Here is a link (to a thread on this site) for you to follow to information on Swift that just might help you out, and keep you for making an awful mistake..........

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...ft-transportation-company-inc-phoenix-az.html

Turbo posted this awhile back, PLEASE take the time to read it, especially since you have a family depending on you. At least then you will have a better idea of what your getting into......

4. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    You guys kill me. I can't believe some of these folks,you and hundreds keep saying,"gee,' "I know I have read all these negative posts about a company but,I just have to see for myself",and there you go,enbarking on a negative job and mission to one of these companies,when you could work for one that most would be proud to start with and have a much better chance of success right from the get go. My advice to all of you newbees out there,read,read,read, and pick the best company for you and the type of trailer you want to haul and work at,go for the biggest money you can start at,and the best jobs,start there and never look back,if you don't,you will always be looking back,wondering if you did the right thing,and not liking that job you picked. Think long and hard and study from this forum,read all you can,you will come out with a better decision than you started with. Best of times to all of you newbees and all the others' out there. Keep On Truckin.

5. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

run Forest.....RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN while you still can.

There are far better companies than Swift to work for.

6. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    Working for Swift will ruin even the best of attitudes (was o/o DSW for 3.5 yrs). I have a pretty good attitude in general, but it was tested daily while dealing w/their dispatch and bullying techniques! If you need work '2day,' then maybe for short term til can get a job next week--LOL. You'll b sorry!!

7. hemisareslow

hemisareslow Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2006
    while i realize this is a truckers board....and swift is a hated entity by most...I'm sorry but I just have to say it...musicman...there are holes in your story you could drive a truck through...why would a company with a 150% turnover rate fire a "good" driver for no reason? While I hate to be the villin here I must point out that this would not be the 1st time a person lost their job..and complained to a bunch of "friends" without telling the whole story....is it not possible your logs were not up to snuff? constant overspeeds? refusing to run loads?.....all of those are valid reasons to get fired at Swift....they are so desperate to keep drivers on board that I have seen guys deliver loads late time after time and get by with a warning...but the other reasons I gave are a sure way to get canned...

8. cruzer

cruzer Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Musicman.. you' have made' the best of! what you do.. Hats ..OFF.
    Thanks for the return' So you are now Instructor? Please Return
    Cruzer

9. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I'd rather work for Swift than have a 50lb weight dropped on my junk.

(Maybe.)

Sorry...that's all I could come up with. :biggrin_25526:

10. Keith48

Keith48 Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Sure
    Wish
    I
    Finished
    Training

;)

11. wizard6164

wizard6164 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2007
    There is good and bad with all big trucking co. I drove for Swift in 2001. Then in 2002 went to Prime. Fami;y problems so left the road. I tryed last week to rehire back with Swift to reddjust to the road. They told me yesterday no . Would not rehire me. A year ago they said they would. I have tryed several times to get info. from recruiter as to way will not return phone calls. I taked to safety they wont tell me. So go figure. When I drove for them I didnt take their --- and did not have too many troubles. Just with Shoals man. And a dm at Memphis.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.