A Joke Of A Company

Discussion in 'Swift' started by musicman, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Somewhere, Arkansas
    Keith,
    LOLOL....I see you like Jimmy Johnson.....So do I...Go 48!!!!!!:yes2557:

Don't forget:

Sure
    Wish
    I had a
    Faster
    Truck....LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJ Driver

CJ Driver Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Soo I think I may have dodged the bullet here. When I first got my CDL 13 years ago I had an appt. with Swift. They left me sitting in their lobby for an hour and a half after my appt. time had passed. So I took notice and left. They called me a few days later and asked why I left. I told them "well since you left a potential employee stting in your lobby after his appt time, you must not care very much about your drivers " Nuff said.

4. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    I did that once. ROFL! It was for a sales job at a New Car dealership in Hawaii. I went in to buy a car, talked about my sales experience, and they set me up with an interview. (Never got the car, LOL) When I showed for the interview, they had me wait almost an hour past my appointment. Then I witnessed the manager come in and chew out about 6 guys that had came in to get there checks. They were compairing numbers for the month. He chewed them up one end and down the other and told them to get there arse home if they were not working today. There was not one customer at the store at the time. Total downtime. I just got up and left. The very same manager called me 3 times a day for a week after that. One day I finally picked up. When he asked why I had left... "I am ex-navy, and if I wanted to still work with vocal $$%## I would have stayed in. LOL At the time I was not to happy with the service. LOL

5. drivenmecrazy

drivenmecrazy Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Oregon
    There's a story about a cowboy and a snake. Lets just say you are the cowboy and Swift is the snake. The Cowboy is starting a long ride across the desert. A snake lying nearby says to the cowboy, "Hey can I get a ride across the desert in your saddlebag"? The cowboy says, "No way, you'll bite me". The snake assures the cowboy that he just wants a ride across the desert and would never bite the cowboy. The cowboy relents and lets the snake crawl into his saddlebag. The two ride off into the desert.

In a couple of days the cowboy begins to see trees and green hills. He knows he has made it across the desert. He stops at a stream surrounded by lush green plants and trees. (Truckstop?) He takes the saddlebag from his horse opens it to let the snake out and kneels down to drink from the cold running water.

All of a sudden he feels this stinging pain in his ###, right where he normally keeps his wallet. He looks back and to his astonishment he see's the grinning face of the snake, the one he had just carried across the desert, the one who had just bitten him. He looks to the snake and says, "But you said you would never bite me and I carried you clear across the desert". The snake looked back at the cowboy coiling to strike again and said "You knew I was a SNAKE when you let me crawl into your saddlebag".

The moral of the story: A SNAKE IS A SNAKE.

Long story I know, but really close to the truth. The DM's of this company think drivers are trash and treat them accordingly. The Mech. section is not bad but you dont have to deal with them everyday. I would reconsider if I were you.

6. nonamegiven

nonamegiven Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Kentucky
    I work for Swift and to your "why would Swift fire a good driver" question? I've seen it happen before, man. Hell, they just wrote up a guy with a "final warning" because a fellow Swift driver called in and said he was tailgating someone. Despite this driven having a receipt showing he wasn't even driving at that time and was eating breakfast at a TA, he still got a final write up. Good driver and runner, too.

So, it happens at Swift. That being said, my experience with them has mostly been postive. However, I've considered switching many times due to their fickle nature. They can love you one day, hate you the next. I've been on the end of that hated side, too. When I stood my ground on certain issues I didn't make many friends, lemme tell ya. But once everything settled I was back in their good graces. Honestly, if you're not a company man and look out for yourself then yes... even the best drivers have to cover their ##### with Swift.

7. nonamegiven

nonamegiven Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Kentucky
    You know, I'll admit there are some terrible drivers working for Swift (and JB Hunt/Werner and Schneider) but stuff like that really gets under my skin. I've been driving regular vehicles since 1996 and I've been driving a rig for a year now. I don't have a single wreck on my record (4-wheeler and rig record combined) no speeding tickets or anything... not even a parking ticket. So, not all Swift drivers are bad drivers. Just like all JB Hunt, Schneider and Werner drivers are bad.

There's no doubt these CDL mills give licenses to people who should NEVER operate a big rig. But there are a lot of good drivers out there, too. Don't bash the rest of us because we have some rotten eggs in the bunch.

8. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    That's the bottom line! I worked for one of their O/O's for 4 yrs and know all about them, having worked along side their co. drvrs as well as having a 'Swift' DM/dispatcher too!

They are getting away with 'murder,' because 'they can!'

If it wasnt for all the ppl going thru their CDL mills trying to 'restart' their lives, in many cases, they could not be recruiting ppl to work for them as they do now!!

The best that we as caring drivers, many who have been there/done that with them, can do is to warn future drivers of their 'evil craft!' They treat drivers like a dime/doz, and do not care about YOU:biggrin_25513:---just moving Swift freight!!:yes2557:

BEWARE Newbies!

9. Big Pimpin

Big Pimpin Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2007
    KY
    there is a thread of just swift jokes on here somewhere and a good one was

stop
    watching
    I'm
    F'ng
    trying

10. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    musicman hit the nail right on the head. I have posted similar things about Swift dispatchers getting away with murder, but he put it in here very clear,and a little more to the point. I was with Swift for a total of four months before I pulled the plug.,And yeah,it was mainly because of a lying no good dispatcher,or oh yeah excuse me driver manager. This SOB sent me to the west coast and made sure I stayed out there for a month,he kept telling me there was no freight going east. By the time I got back to Columbus,we had had quite a few words over the phone, and he set up a meeting with the so called fleet mgr. Funny thing was this DM sat thru the meeting and had very little to say,so when the meeting was over I had a fairly good understanding with the fleet mgr. But lo and behold as soon as I was dispatched again the crap started all over again. Which meant another meeting with the fleet mgr. I am a very outspoken person in these meetings when things concern me. Within a few days I was assigned to another DM,who really tried to do right by me. But by the the damage had been done and I had had enogh of Swift. I would not reccomend Swift to my worst enemy. Of course when I hired on with Swift I had about 15 yrs. driving experience,and as soon as the first DM found out I knew a little more about trucking than he did he had it in for me. He seemed to get along good with newbies as he could BS them and they would believe him.Moral of the story is please stay away from Swift for your own good.You can definitly do better.

11. spankie

spankie Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Ohio
    Hey roaddog I've read a lot of bad things about the bigger companies. In your opinion who should a newbie check out. Generally everybody says just do some research. I'm finding out that is a little hard cause I dont know what compaines to research as a soon to be newbie. I mean you guys that have a lot of experience say who not to go with but nobody really tells us who we should look at either. So could you please help me with this large or small companies I should check out. I want to run the mid west out of Day,OH thanks!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.