A Joke Of A Company

Discussion in 'Swift' started by musicman, Dec 18, 2006.

1. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    I agree with 'Not all Swift drivers are bad drivers!' I have known some really good ones, some with 10+ years driving time at Swift! Usually they stuck it out and got 'gravy' jobs, some dedicated, some home on weekend, more-regional sleeper jobs.

Ppl are ppl! If drivers are labeled as 'bad' from Swift, it's because Swift makes them that way (putting newbies in 'bad' situations!)....if those drivers can make it thru all that Swift 'dumps' on them with a clean record---they will have truely become good drivers!! My co. hires those from Swift (with clean records!) all the time!! Works great for Swift to screen out our 'future' drivers, since both have Headquarters in Phx!!

Swift could be considered "a school of hard knocks!" Kinda like Mil 'basic training.' You make it thru successfully, WELCOME to Truck Driving.

The big problem is, Newbies, is that it could ruin your 'attitude' and also career as a truck driver---NOT do to your fault!!

Think about all this that you have read!!:yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CaptJack

CaptJack Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Botetourt Co., VA
    Swift and its drivers catch alot of flak, mostly for being slow, secondly, they have a number of drivers who dont need to be driving. I drove for them for 13 months and saw alot of non-driving fools in their trucks. But most of the drivers are good drivers and even better people. I started out running J.I.T. loads, which I wasnt supposed to be allowed to since you were supposed to have to have at least 8 months of employment with them. Then I moved from J.I.T. to a Sears dedicated account. Good money too. Was making $1,000/wk for being out 4 1/2 days. I never had a problem getting hometime, my DM's were the best, one of them being the assistant head of operations at the Columbus, OH terminal. And before I got on the dedicated route, I was always pre-planned. I never sat mt. I was always rollin. And I wasnt an exception to the rule. There were alot of drivers there that I knew that never sat idle. But there were a few that did, but they were the typical types that just wanted to sit in the terminal or truck stops and talk with other drivers and just hang out, then cry and complain that they werent making any money. So yes, they got to sit, and no, they didnt make any money. But you will find that at every company you go to.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.