A lot of talk of the dirty "U" word towards the freight side

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by ACH1130, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    Yeah, they do those everywhere. They're a little out of touch in a way but it goes back about 25 years now which is why it won't happen.

I'm definitely on the no side, especially here, but I get it and just kinda laugh when they play the propaganda videos. They play those to everyone at every terminal when they feel some heat. It happened last year out in Ohio so they played the videos to all of us.

Different people here have different rational, but mine is pretty simple and probably the general opinion of most 5-20 year drivers. We make good money, the company makes money, and I can bid what I want so why mess with that. Imo, one of the best things we have going is the yearly bid by seniority. I don't wanna run line or city for 20 years so I love the fact we can switch.

ACH1130 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Wow didn't realize it's been going on that long. Thought it was something new. I just heard it recently. As long as everyone is happy who cares then lol. Are you guys keeping busy? XEM has slowed down quite a bit even with 4 guys leaving (Harry j was one)

4. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

It would serve Conway right to be threatened by a Union vote(at least) We over at TL have been putting up with the crap for over 3 years of half truths and overt lies from San Mateo

Not that Im a Union guy,its because when you sacrifice one part of the business to support the other its not fair

They have been taking Obama Simulas $'s and its time they will have to pay it back,,hope they are happy:biggrin_25525:

5. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    XBY boys are starving. the guy above me on extra has ran probably twice this year.

6. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Same with XEM, guy who was above me is at YRC as well now lol.

7. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    Yeah they kill the Northeast metro terminals with the outside carriers. I think the Boston area is even worse. On top of that, if you are over at a re-ship, they're gonna use a driver from that terminal to run the freight to get it there earlier. No way I'd wanna be at an eol metro terminal.

8. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,

hmmm interesting. Now I know why century and and were treated like dirt at our terminals, and everyone else seems to be doing ok at different terminals. Makes much ore sense to me now, thats why I got nothing against the company itself, it is just the terminals out here that are corrupt

9. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

Over on the TL side,we are hauling more for UPS now than Freight:biggrin_2556:,go figure???

10. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
    dont worry, werner, CRST and CR england have you guys covered!

We should give them uniforms.

11. CenutryClass

Feb 15, 2006
    Yep like a 38 mile sub service pull from XNJ to XBY..I mean really?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.