A moderater has to approve my post???

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by rumbarrel, Apr 4, 2008.

1. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Very nice description. As popular as this site is, and most of you don't see the spam, we still get it, deal with it, and get hate mail after dealing with it. But to keep the board as it is intended, for drivers and the information for drivers, then we have to filter certain things.

Anyone come here looking for a cheap cell phone? IPod? I didn't think so, hence the filters. :biggrin_25525:

Working Class Patriot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Sometimes, a post gets kicked to the mods due to the link, the codes in a pic or the codes in your sig. I've had smilies kick posts to the mods.

Now we all have a choice, we can first assume that the software has snagged our post because of codes and think "oh those poor mods and all the posts that get kicked to them that they have to deal with along with grouchy members" OR we can assume someone is out to get us and act like the southend of a donkey and scream "dang you mods how dare you interfere with me!!!!!! you better PROVE you needed to look at my post!!!!!!!!"

I for one adhere to the thought they don't really wish to spend their day checking each and every post on here.

Baack ty and all the other mods for what you do.

Baack, GuysLady and leannamarie Thank this.
  4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Did you ever subscribe to news groups through your server via e-mail program?

Now there is where chaos reigns supreme. Make a post that really PO'd some people off. And your mailbox would be overflowing for days. If you subscribed to several groups, it could take you hours/days to sort through the BS.

NOTHING was ever moderated, unless you moderated your own filters. Not sure about now, I haven't subscribed in a long time. I don't trust Outlook to be a reliable program.

5. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    The cell spammers are bad, y'all would be surprised at how many of those idiots we have caught in the filter and banned. I know the filter can be a PITA at times for y'all, and I am sure it gets a little frustrating waiting for a mod to approve a post that seems harmless enough, but I shutter to think of how hard this site would be to keep free of spam without it.

6. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    LOL! There is a lake up north of here that every single time I mention it, it throws the post to moderation! Y'all remember the letter I sent to newspapers that you got to read? Guess what? It went to moderation too! Because I mentioned that stupid lake.

It happens to all of us from time to time..

7. bigolddeerhunter

bigolddeerhunter Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Gulf Coast Texas
    Hey it does my heart good to know you are screwing up lawyers. Keep up the good work. What goes around, comes around.

GuysLady Thanks this.
  8. dgarrett0008

dgarrett0008 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Riverdale, Georgia
    As I have said before this site is awesome for newbies, and you can get the fcts off this website, the good the bad and the ugly........SPAM-FREE!!!!

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  9. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    i forgot what i said

10. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    So did I...

11. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Hell, I haven't even thought of what I was saying yet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.