a new driver journey with Magnum Logistics in Fargo, ND

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by janda c, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Bri-guy007

Bri-guy007 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Florida
    Cool. Yeah I figured starting I'd get about that til they figure me out, n I figure them out.. thanks

ncmickey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. janda c

janda c Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Fort Worth
    Yes. Haven't been on here in quite some time. In truck 1571 now

4. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Check out the main thread or Pigbacon's Pen...

5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    This Magnum thread is really slow, must be that not much is happening there

6. janda c

Jan 1, 2015
    Fort Worth
    [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
    Actually not slow at all. Usually running hard. I just got brand new truck

7. janda c

Jan 1, 2015
    Fort Worth
    My new truck 20170706_192802.jpg

CJ701 Thanks this.
  8. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Nice ride hope you enjoy the multi-torque settings. You know where the main Magnum thread is right?

9. enicolasy

enicolasy Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Minnesota
    Who raised this poor ol thread from the dead lol??

This thread is like looking at my highs school yearbook. Last post was before I was employed here. Thanks again, Winnyf1 and others, for the great info and encouragement you provided me before I even got in the trainers truck...seems like a lifetime ago.

Winnyf1 Thanks this.
  10. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
  11. janda c

Jan 1, 2015
    Fort Worth
    Well I haven't posted on here for quite some time here goes. This month I got a new truck again, truck XXXX, which is one of the new freightliner sleepers we have. In my 3 years, 7 and half months I've been with magnum I have driven 468,000 miles in that time over 458 trips. I could have more miles but I typically like to spend 7 plus nights a month in my own bed at home. Magnum got rid of the trimester performance pay and now you get paid by time with the company PLUS they added a monthly bonus structure that is based on number of miles ran for month, cruise control usage, idling goals met and and extra 1 cent per mile if you have hazmat endorsement (on top of extra pay for when you pull a hazmat load). As a person coming out of driving school you will find that recruiters will promise you the world knowing full well they cannot satisfy what they promised. Just like any job you have good days and bad days. You will find people that are happy and will find some that are unhappy. Bottom line, it's what you make it. I am far from perfect but I do know a few things that have made me successful. 1)you have to communicate what you want and follow up. 2) I feel I have great time management skills and can problem solve when issues arise. 3) I have a pretty good concept of the different types of backing and realize that you ALWAYS take your time when backing, use all space available, get out and look at blind spots and lastly, remember the odds of seeing another driver that thinks they can back better than you are nil so take your time. As of right now, I am waiting on my first trainee so I can pay it forward. Alot it times people regret their choice in a place to work but I can say without hesitation, that I chose well and have zero regrets. Feel free to reach out if you ever need help. One thing the industry tends to lack overall is the willingness to help other drivers (you wont have that at magnum because we are family)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2018
    Reason for edit: removed truck number
    CJ701 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.