A Newbie's Outlook After 1st Home Time

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by FlorabamaTrigger, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Dozzer6

Dozzer6 Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Vancouver, Washington
    They've been trying to teach me this for years. Problem is I just don't care. :biggrin_25522:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justawheelholderfornow

justawheelholderfornow Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    and I bet you still wonder why people look at you like they have no idea WTF you just said! lol

**spoiler alert: they have NO idea WTF you just said!** :biggrin_2556:

4. FlorabamaTrigger

FlorabamaTrigger Light Load Member

Okay everyone. I have always prided myself in knowing that when I make a mistake, I have no problem fessing up and eating crow as it goes. And here is no exception. So here goes...

Anyone that has been following this thread knows I have been feeling like I have been getting the brunt end of the stick lately. Apparently they had the wrong email address for me on file and I just now started receiving my check stubs. I only deposit the money over into my account every few weeks, so I wasn't paying attention to how much per week I was receiving. All I knew was I wasn't being used to my full potential. So I looked them over this morning and realized that even though I've ended up sitting WAY too long after arriving at a delivery anywhere from 12-48 hours ahead of time and not being able to drop it somewhere and keep rolling, my miles actually haven't been that bad.
    My miles have been up and down, but still not as bad as I thought. Granted, I still feel as though my time could've been used more efficiently, in comparison, its not that bad. I actually had one week that was 3100 about 3 weeks ago. Since then, its been averaging about 2500.

So, for being on western 11, getting 2500-3000 miles a week is actually pretty good. And the way I figure it, if I wouldn't have had all those screwed up runs, I would've been averaging over 3k a week.

I admit when I was wrong, so here I am if anyone wishes to start throwing mud...

:biggrin_25515:

5. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    *flings a cow patty*

well, it looked like mud....

6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Did any of your checks include a "solo bonus" on it? It usually shows up on the check following one complete month of payroll. If you get one of those, then you will know if you ran and were paid for over 10k miles in the previous month. May pays .30 cpm extra for every mile over 10k run in a calendar month.

7. FlorabamaTrigger

FlorabamaTrigger Light Load Member

No I didn't. I asked payroll one of the last times I was in Brooks about it since another driver told me about it and she said that when I was hired, that bonus wasn't in effect. So the only bonus type thing they were offering to someone hired when I was hired was the $90/per day for 90 days. Which I declined and went to straight pay. :biggrin_25510:

8. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Hmmm...interesting. I thought that bonus would be available no matter what, not an either or deal.

9. justawheelholderfornow

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    nope, OLD bonus, have to be 'grandfathered' in
    That's what I was told...

10. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    something like this?

3/01/12 4/03/12 BONUS S/ 03/12 SOLOBONUS 836.00 .03000 .00 25.08

tho you said .30 per mile, think you meant .03?

11. justawheelholderfornow

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    he said .30cpm which means 3/10 of a cent per mile...he said what he meant :biggrin_25522: sheesh public schools...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.