A Possible Unintended Consequence Of CARB '14 Regs....

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Working Class Patriot, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    I call Husing's arguments in the Press-Enterprise grasping at straws.

Clean air does not poverty make, folks. The poverty in the Inland Empire was sharply affected by that little balloon-burst in 2008 after years of let-the-good-time-roll cut-the-regulatory-binders and we're not out of the Ayn Randian/Orange County/San Diego 'conservative' economic woods yet. Even Greenspan admits that the greed-is-good economics failed miserably and he was Rand's personal pet object. $$ ain't what trickles down when you give Corporate America a pass.

What you get is more problems. Some things we HAVE to regulate. Stop signs, street signs, traffic lanes--even acceptable/unacceptable levels of noise and air pollution, where if you don't regulate it you get chaos and opportunistic abuse.

Here in Indiana, SOME truckers run their illegally unmuffled trucks so loud they reverberate a mile into our beautiful woods for a little reduced back pressure and a little more power. They'll get regulated further and enforced, too, just like cigarette smokers.

Abuse and inconsideration = Government regulation

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Regulation is one thing but backdating regulation is bs it for those that have invested in older equipment these regulations are cutting the value by half it us theft and the double take is after losing half your investment you are required to pull more money out your arse to upgrade it is no wonder so many companies are fleeing the state and next year i bet more will follow.......,
    Your right the jobs will exist just not in cali

4. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Some, including me, would call what California has done with CARB, with California's vast square miles of dense population in its metropolitan areas, courage. No way the industry would clean up on its own.

I'm always half-amused by the claim, applied to all sorts of long-rotted social issues, we know we need to fix that, but not THIS way.

Sorry. Got tired of patiently waiting...

5. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Loud Pipes Save Lives!!!!!!!...

You didn't know? :biggrin_25522::biggrin_25523:

6. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Like I said, abuse and inconsideration = government regulation and enforcement.

Tick, tick, tick.

7. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    But aside from that...What if IN decides to be like Cali and has "IARB"?

How many of you Indianans are willing to pay to upgrade or buy a new rig?

Remember...Last time I checked...Nobody gives them away for free....

8. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    So CARB regs were the result of "Abuse and Inconsideration"?

Really?.....My old N14 burned cleaner than most of these EPA '07's and EPA '10's......
    Especially when the EGR systems fail as they are designed to do....Taking out the EGR Coolers...VGT's and...The DPF's with them.....

9. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    If Indiana had CA's population density, then Cali's CARB would be needed here. My county has 25,000 population, less than 2,500 population in Spencer, the county seat. There are more cars right now in any few miles of the I-10 (San Bernadino Fwy) than all of Owen County.

Noise pollution from high-decibel, muffler-removed, illegal trucks. Different story. One size - does not - fit all.

Your N14 or 3406 is welcome here. Properly muffled.

10. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Population density has very little to d with CARB regs...If it did...Why do the regs affect the entire state of Cali?.....
    The fact is...95% of Cali's population lives on 5% of the land....
    So to say "Density" is the factor....How would that apply to a small town like Alturas?

Alturas
    City in California

Alturas is a city in and the county seat of Modoc County, California, United States. The population was 2,827 at the 2010 census. Alturas is located on the Pit River, east of the center of Modoc County, at an elevation of 4370 feet. Wikipedia

Area: 2.449 sq miles (6.342 km²)

[​IMG]

11. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Ha-ha. Talk about grasping. Yes, there's a good reason some things are done at federal, state, county or municipal level. Do I really need to explain the civics and chaos if each municipality tried to legislate what's bolted on or not bolted on to a truck as it passes through your or my town?

And why a town CAN enforce a 'no engine brake' law?? Why a State, like Texas, can require an inspection sticker on your car if you want to register in Texas? And set emissions requirements.

Hopefully, California's loss of those good old trucks is, or will be, Indiana's gain. (What don't get shipped out of the country.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.