A&R Transport Inc in Morris, IL

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Buffalo69, Aug 9, 2012.

1. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    You should have no problem getting hired. I have not been to either of those terminals so I don't have much advice for you there. I would talk to a recruiter and ask what would be best based on how you want to run (local, regional or OTR) they should be able to tell you the best fit. Also different terminals have different sign on bonuses. So I would ask if one is higher than the other.

crazeydude Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Crusty Pogosticker!!

Jan 25, 2012
    Cartoon Network
    Thanks for your information on this thread @DMAX66 . Got any updates ?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  4. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    No problem, glad you found some good info here. Today is actually my one year anniversary at A&R. For the most part I have enjoyed my time here and it has been a good company to work for. I have been running a dedicated route for the past 3 weeks to Goshen Indiana. It's kind of nice to have a regular schedule and having a dedicated trailer is nice as well. Last week I won an award for driver of the quarter at our terminal, so I guess I'm doing a few things right lol. It's nice to get recognition for working hard and it also came with a $250 bonus. I plan to stay here for awhile unless some other great oppertunity comes my way.

5. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  6. redtruck108004

redtruck108004 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2015

7. jdiesel3406

jdiesel3406 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Philly area
    Any information on the Philly terminal?
    What equipment do they run out of there and how is their maintenance?
    Are all trucks 13 speeds and can you choose your truck?

8. Luis

Luis Medium Load Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Well I'll have my 6 months under my belt at the end of this month. Looking into A&R. See a lot of there O/O's running around don't see much of the company guys. If I plan to even apply im looking at highlands. Any input on what type of work? I do local as of now but wouldn't mind regional. With Houston being how it is I know work is there. Wanna go O/O eventually.

9. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    I have not been to the Philly Terminal so I don't know two much about it
    Most of the older flat top Peterbilts are 13 speeds, but the new trucks are automatics. You may be given a choice of a few trucks, it just depends what is available when you are hired

jdiesel3406 Thanks this.
  10. DMAX66

DMAX66 Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Most of the owner operators run out of the Highlands terminal. I think you would be looking at more regional work than local at that terminal. But if you call and ask the terminal manager he can give you more info on the opportunities they have there. If you eventually want to be an owner operator Highlands would be a good terminal to run out of.

Luis Thanks this.
  11. Live06

Live06 Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Mississippi
    I guess I'll be another to join A&R. Got a call from the Perlington, MS terminal manager and said he wanted to get the ball rolling. Kinda excited to join.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.