A&R Transport not what you think

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Iwllnotlaydown, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Iwllnotlaydown

Iwllnotlaydown Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    Hello , I just quit working for A&R at the 3.5 month mark they promise you the world and can't deliver, since the founder is no longer the man in charge and big time investors are at the wheel you know where all the cuts come ! Yes the drivers are the one who sacrifice so that investors may get more money at the years end , I never made more than $700 and for all you are responsible for it just doesn't add up , Jason the recruiter is all BS and calls never get returned upon meeting him I understand he seems to be very unorganized and more into just getting you out of his hair , and in a meeting connected drivers to guys in prison , I couldn't believe he said that but he did , they really don't have much respect for you the driver, but being paid different rates for loaded and empty and short runs it gets confusing also they hold 2 weeks pay when you start , I was very disappointed as I really thought with the job at hand I would make better money, I mean you get the product from the rail car you weigh yourself and drive the product to the consignee and then unload to the silo , come on the driver does the whole thing all they do is paperwork and if you get pulled in to the scale house and the man says your overweight you the driver pay the fine everything is on your shoulder but they take all the money the average load is worth anywhere from 47K to 100 K and you get on average $150 bucks they have some good drivers but they all quit even guys that were there when it was better are all quitting , it's too bad they pick drivers with good records and make them feel as low as they could , shame on you A&R shame on you !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    sounds like someone is complaining because they have to perform work other than holding the steering wheel...I would expect that from a rookie with that demeanor but a 19yr veteran?....come on!

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    They run some nice equipment that's all I know about them. Usually when "investors " take over it's not good. I quess time will tell....

Ps loading and unloading your self is the bulk hauling norm!!

I prefer it that way......

5. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    You mean they don't pay for lumpers?!!??

;)

Leftlane101 and azcardnlz Thank this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Trucking is trucking,you are NOT going to find that perfect company.Every company has flaws.Either suck it up or go work for McDonalds.

7. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    Same here not sure how it works on the DRY BULK side.
    I can be loaded as fast as 10-15 min or as long as 45min
    unloading is usually about 35 min...once you get to understanding your product you can pull on the scales everytime at just around 79500lbs.
    really prefer unloading and loading myself...dont have to mess with anyone...scale in, go load, scale out, get paper work, ROCK on...
    no problems

8. Iwllnotlaydown

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    Look I actually like loading and unloading some wise ### remarks seem a little fishy ? But when your making no money and all you hear is promises at 3 months it's time to get going , you talk to A&R drivers and you will find that it's tough making a decent pay check so that your enabled to pay basic bills , when you can't do that and you the majority of what makes the company money

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  9. Iwllnotlaydown

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    Thats not the problem did read what I wrote ? Loading and unloading was what really got me into this job , I loved the job and just can't believe the rate your paid , years ago being a Bulk driver really paid out , either you have a dedicated run and you make a decent rate or you realize certain terminals are destined for failure , I was at one of those terminals up in my area , but to stay where your not pulling in your fair wage and doing fine, makes no sense , I'm reading some dumb ### #### for a response , I try to for warn you as to the reality of working for A&R , driving nice trucks doesn't put money in your pocket as they same chrome went get you home , thats my opinion !!!
    [
    QUOTE=LandShark;3073912]Same here not sure how it works on the DRY BULK side.
    I can be loaded as fast as 10-15 min or as long as 45min
    unloading is usually about 35 min...once you get to understanding your product you can pull on the scales everytime at just around 79500lbs.
    really prefer unloading and loading myself...dont have to mess with anyone...scale in, go load, scale out, get paper work, ROCK on...
    no problems[/QUOTE]

10. Iwllnotlaydown

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    Suck it up , well I'm not in knowledge what you make as a driver , but tell you what I know what I'm doing to get around and running a truck is something I do well and to make $500 on average a week to me is what I call ###### , if your happy you suck up your $500 pay check because driver I've come to the point in my career it's either $1000 min to $ 1,300 your expectations are typical work as slave and yes boss it all suck ##### like you are ruining it for us real drivers , ridiculous !!

Lalito.1234 and Copperhead295nKY Thank this.
  11. Raiderfanatic

Raiderfanatic Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    I haul dry bulk and sure can't complain. See a lot of A&R trucks out on the road.

I would have to question the average rate on loads...theres no way they average from 47k to 100k per load. You either mistyped that or are completely mislead....I don't care who you drive for, no dry bulk loads are paying that. Impossible.

Unloading times for dry bulk vary a lot, depending what you are hauling and where you are unloading at. I unloaded corn this morning, took me 45 minutes for 24 ton. Unloaded 15 ton of salt yesterday morning, took two hours. Overall, I'd say I average 90 minutes, maybe.

There's good money in dry bulk....I've been in it for three years now...first year around 49k and this year 56k. If you ain't grossing at least a thousand a week, then you either aren't working very hard or work for a company that doesn't pay/have good freight.

Copperhead295nKY Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.