A&S Kinard just got a regional offer

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Aradrox, May 16, 2017.

1. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Hey! Now you're talkin! ;)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dsparil

Dsparil Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2017
    I'm curious if their hazleton yard still runs their local guys right up against their 14.

4. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Ok so time for a update the Savannah yard closes on the 31st. I got an offer and left last Thursday as my last day.

That said I very much enjoyed my time there and would still be there if not for them closing the only terminal in my area.

I can't say much as to how the York, pa operations team runs there drivers except me and the 3 other drivers that were hired for flatbed did not know we were going to pull a flatbed the rest quit within the first month.

I made 50cpm loaded and empty+ 35$ to tarp. Home every other day and weekends, APU, inverter, and fridge in all trucks mostly Volvo 680s but some Prostars /w Cummins.

Personally knowing what I know now I would stay away for awhile and see if they make it through the celadon #### storm before signing on with them if you live in there hiring area.

daf105paccar, rabbiporkchop and SHOJim Thank this.
  5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    So where are you heading now?

6. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Climate Express
    Will probably make a post at a later date with more information about the job

mitrucker Thanks this.
  7. Dsparil

Dsparil Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Ok so the #### with celedon IS affecting them.

8. Osiris

Osiris Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Philly
    They are restructing or something. Heads are rolling all over the place atm.

I don't want to keep job hoping so as long as my miles stay right I'll stick it out.

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

A&S and Kinard used to be two separate companies.

I'm close enough to York to consider going with them, but this is the first I'm hearing of Celedon coming in and messing everything up.

It's not enough that everyone knows to avoid the megas, now they're buying up pre existing, FUNCTIONAL companies to cover up their corporate mediocrity.

Might as well put the gun to my head and apply to Schneider now.

Everyone will be a pumpkin eventually. (And pulling Amazon trailers! Hah! Even Orwell couldn't picture a world so bleak.)

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Celadon is under new management with a new corporate shakeup.

windsmith Thanks this.
  11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

It's funny, we used to be bombarded with USX ads on our local Craigslist, now it's all Hogan.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.