A transsexual truck driver

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by ErikaJSpangler, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    One year experience and not driving in 6 years for many means starting over at square one. I'm confused, why would they look the other way on it ? While your employer requires your gender which states your sexual preference why do you feel the need to make a statement to others ? I've notcied a few transsexuals here and there, hiding it doesn't work very well for them.. Good luck on your job ! ... http://www.eeoc.gov/

ErikaJSpangler Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    My guess is this was a troll and if I'm wrong so be it but why were we told. I can understand telling the employer for full disclosure but to disclose as your very first opening statement in your very first post seems odd.

To answer the question I don't pay attention if there are others in this field because it doesn't matter to me. If you can do the job great if not learn to.

The bonus question is one for the recruiter but I will advise you to get it in writing or you may not get it.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    My guess is someone testing the waters, so to speak.

I personally don't care. I have my own truck to drive. As long as the OP keeps it between the lines, all's well that ends well as far as I'm concerned.

Lonesome, TennMan, mickimause and 2 others Thank this.
  5. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    our company had a top notch driver that got canned by the state because he called the cross dressed boat mechanic mister.
    i dont subscribe to any of the speech laws and just associate with women when im off duty and avoid the confused and the gay.
    so much speech police in the work place no need to have any buddies at work.you gotta go to the office and explain what the drivers are gossipin like old biddies about who needs it

6. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Like I said in my earlier post. The rest of it doesn't worry me and will not cause me any bodily harm, the between the lines deal is what scares me. Every one of us has our own issues to deal with, mine is to eat my breakfast and have a cup of coffee in my truck when I wake up in the nude. Does that qualify me for a sign on bonus?

7. ErikaJSpangler

ErikaJSpangler Bobtail Member

May 2, 2015
    athens ohio
    I am not a "troll" I am curious about what other drivers seen out on the road, I have to be honest, I am nervous about how I will be treated at orientation, and nervous about who I will be sharing a motel with.
    As many of you know women are treated differently out on the road, I remember back when I was driving in 2009 that women drivers where treated poorly at truck stops. I have read that it has changed some what because there a more women drivers out there. The way figure it does not matter who you are as long as your a safe driver and deliver on time.

8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Your gender will have no bearing on your success in driving a truck. You need to concentrate on the trucking part and get off the gender part. There will be far more people out here treating you as an equal then the few that are close minded and bigoted. Again, what your drivers license says, and your gender is has no bearing on me or my life, your driving ability and professionalism does. Your gender will not cause me one bit of harm, your ability to drive that truck in all types of weather and every type of conditions is what I'm more worried about. I do know that I speak for myself, I can't tell you how some others will react. Good luck and safe miles, and please, ask questions about your profession, between all of us we will have the answer.

gntorres61, mickimause, Teion and 2 others Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    It won't matter to most folks, because most folks have more important things to concern themselves with.

Without knowing your story or how convincing you look, brace yourself for someone to mistake you. I did it myself a while back, and felt about 2 inches tall afterwards while apologizing profusely.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    If you're worried about motel request your own room. I'm glad you're not a troll as long as you're a safe driver I'm ok with wjatever. If you need help just ask most of us drivers could care less what gender we help if we're asked for help.

ErikaJSpangler and JohnBoy Thank this.
  11. Dogals right foot

Dogals right foot Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast
    Why would you be nervous about sharing a room with someone?
    They will be female..same as what's listed on your CDL.

It seems you are going out of your way to announce that you are transgendered.
    Just let it be and concentrate on doing your job..you did it before.

Nothing has changed out here..the road is still the grind it always was.

JohnBoy and TennMan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.