A word about attitude and persistence

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    This is one of the reasons I've yet to jump ship from my 'local for a mega' job, to a LTL job. I have an assigned truck that only I use. Sometimes if another drivers truck is broke down and I am on my days off they will use it, but we all ask first. It's up to us our boss says. Like others have said, it's my office I spend lots of hours in, why would you want to sit in filth.

Speaking of assigned trucks. Does OD ever so assigned trucks for p&d or is it all random?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    Glad your efforts paid off for you. I used to work for a guy that said "Every day you come to work you are interviewing for the job you want to do tomorrow" Lot's of truth to it, sounds like you figured it out.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    There are workers and then there are paycheck collectors. Every place has both.

hunted and Mike2633 Thank this.
  5. Dominick253

Dominick253 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Except some places where I've done good work for years on end and get nowhere. It doesn't even take much. Just a "good job" and maybe a free lunch or something.

6. rocket237

rocket237 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    lowly ct.
    I got a good ,old tractor....assigned, I can tell my hard work pays off........I'm left alone to do my own work and not any pita deliveries.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    There are always going to be companies with jerks at the top. I too worked for an outfit that did not appreciate the employees. In their words, "drivers are a dime a dozen. If you don't like it here, go on down the road!"
    So I did. SCREWEM!

Mike2633 and LoneCowboy Thank this.
  8. Dominick253

Nov 19, 2015
    "Drivers are a dime a dozen" the exact words my old boss said. Did we work for the same guy? Now he has drivers who hit every thing in sight and piss off the customers. You get what you pay for.

9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Nah, this was your typical small trucking outfit where dad started it and worked his arse off to make a go of it, then brought in junior. As long as dad was there, junior was limited in the damage he could do, but once dad passed, junior ran the business into the ground. Outfit has been gone for over ten years now. So typical.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  10. Dominick253

Nov 19, 2015
    Literally the exact thing that my old workplace went through. Son didn't want to do anything but drive. You clutch is going out? He doesn't want to hear about it. Then when it goes for good he'd get pissed like it was the driver's fault. He was a great driver though and real fun at the bar! We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    No. We can't have minor things like truck maintenance potentially interfering with the purchase of new toys. :rolleyes:

Dominick253, Mike2633 and Big Don Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.