AB5 coming to NJ, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by iceman32, Nov 19, 2019.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Her name is snookie and she has naked pics online, i would highly recommend if u just ate dinner do not look at them

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    One side of me doesnt like this state stepping in yet again and regulating more stuff. But then the other side knows how many trucking outfits there are in jersey owned by turks and whoever else that only pay via 1099. A 1099 is the con mans way of running a company, IMO. Its also a way for outfits to put illegals and druggies to work. Just pay them as a 1099 independent contractor, and all that hassle of making sure theyre legally allowed to work in America or not hopped up on dope is not a concern.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  4. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Most of those kids were New Yorkers....

5. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Wont work. I'm from California, and its failing before it even started. They failed to see the range of people the law would effect. They're getting sued left and right and theyve already tried to revise it to exclude truckers. So I wouldnt worry about it. I'm not worried about AB5 one bit

6. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    a lot of the small six wheel trucks doing postal runs are small contractors who bid on the runs and they go twice a day. Friend of my dad did this with three trucks and gave it up after the hassle of keeping guys who could do both trips over and over and over...

He gave it up after too many stints of filling in. His drivers were employees, not 1099.

7. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    This is mostly about unions they want everyone back to the old 2 check system ( you younger guys might not know but in the old days you hired in as a driver then leased your truck so you got a truck check and a driver paycheck) It made it easy for the union to collect dues.

Snake Farmer Thanks this.
  8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    On the old two check system a lot of O/O's would figure out that they make less than wages

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.