ABF Checker/Driver + Dock/P&D vs ABF over the road??? What's better?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by freightwipper, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Glp

Glp Medium Load Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Oakland, CA
    I love the north bay, id rather live up there than down here haha. I believe abf oakland is going to service sonoma county since they shut down santa rosa

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boy Howdey

Boy Howdey Medium Load Member

May 22, 2013
    No linehaul board in Oakland or San Jose.
    Nearest linehaul board is Manteca. I think Sacramento has a linehaul board, not sure.

4. Apd

Apd Haystack

Jun 22, 2009
    Yeah I love the North Bay so I'm bummed that the SR terminal closed down. I noticed that UPSF is hiring in SR but I was hoping to get on with a union, but my options are slim here.

Boy- Didn't know that they didn't have a linehaul board at all terminals.

5. Boy Howdey

May 22, 2013
    Ya many of the smaller terminals don't have a line board. Line drivers from other terminals run their freight in and out of their terminals.

I'll find out about Sacramento in a couple hours. I'm in Manteca right now, getting ready to go home.

6. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    YRC and ABF are both under their teamster NMFA contract. Majority of the smaller end of line terminals don't have line haul. UPSF does but you'll spend more time on a Nissan forklift than grinding gears in a truck. That's how it is by me, could be different out west

7. Boy Howdey

May 22, 2013
    I just checked no more line board in Sacramento, they move all the drivers 2 hours Stockton yard which is actually in Manteca.

8. Apd

Apd Haystack

Jun 22, 2009
    There's a YRC terminal near me, but after hearing that not all terminals have a line haul board I doubt that the one near me has one. Bummer to hear that UPSF spends more time on the docks than driving, but I'll try any get some info next time I see one of them around. Thanks for the info

Boy- Thanks for checking on the Sac terminal. Seems strange that such a large city as Sac wouldn't have a line haul board but I guess it just depends on the location geographically.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.