Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. federal221

federal221 Heavy Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    Hopefully 2500 or close to it I’ve talked to other Abilene drivers they have said I would be a good fit as long as I can run 2500 or close to it a week and get back for my eye appointments every 90-120 days

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    If i run 2500 miles in a week I start asking myself what I could have possibly done to piss off the person giving out the loads. 3500 is closer to what you will get unless you do something crazy like ask to go on the NE fleet. :eek:

Seriously, IN is no issue at all we are always going/through there. Just ask @Finfn1372 . Indiana is hitting him up for state income tax because he has been there so often they now consider him a resident.:D

Finfn1372 and Kwan23 Thank this.
  4. federal221

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    I live in new haven Indiana right outside of Fort Wayne

5. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    2500 miles per week? I’m not leaving my wife or house for that. The storm is coming across the top part of the country. ND, MN, WI and Manitoba. Up to 12 inches and a ton of wind. It’s been like 36 hours since I’ve last been in a storm, I’m due.

6. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Seen Trk # 1708 @ Pilot in Murdo, SD today. No activity so I didn’t bother the driver. Have a safe trip! I wasn’t sure if that was Johnboy or not?

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  7. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Not me. I’m parked in Oak Creek WI at the Pilot waiting until morning to get 2 drops off here. Then up to Winnipeg for the last one. My # is 1717

Redtwin Thanks this.
  8. federal221

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    I’m going to give Abilene a call to see if they would take me on and does Abilene get paid weekly or by weekly seems like Abilene runs a lot of mid Atlantic south and northeast if that’s the case I dout I will consider driving for them I expect to run 48 and getting a lot of stops burns your clock quick hopefully I’m looking into it too much and I would run through out the U.S

Kwan23 and Redtwin Thank this.
  9. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    We get paid bi-weekly.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  10. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    There is a $25 extra stop pay. The most I've had was 8 on one load. Yes they burn up the clock but the paycheck didn't reflect the lost time. As i mentioned, as long as the money is there every two weeks, I don't care how I got it, miles, detention, extra stop, NYC/Canada, it all adds up.

You WILL run primarily east of the Mississippi with loads averaging 5-700 miles. Teams usually get the long West coast trips as a lot of our loads have time restraints, especially the reefer ones. Having said that, once you show them you are willing to stay out a long time and are dependable as far as on time delivery then you will start getting the longer 2,000 mile trips.

A few drivers here don't get enough of those West coast so I'm sure they will disagree with me on that. I'm just telling you what I've experienced, even if it's not what you want to hear.

Lonesome, ExtremeUnction and JohnBoy Thank this.
  11. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    I've been running off recap for about a week. Last delivery was to Harrisburg, PA, dropped a trailer yesterday morning, picked up an empty in Lancaster, and deadhead back to the Richmond Yard.

I got some stuff I gotta do that I can't do on the weekends when I take actual home time, and since I was only getting 3 hours and change back on my recap last night, I planned to take a 34 once I got to Richmond.

Half an hour from the yard, get a call from dispatch. We need someone to run up to Canada. You've got *barely* enough hours to get there.

Okay, I'm a team player. Told 'em I'd need a 34 when I got back. They said "Cool with us, bro."

Grabbed the trailer off the yard, got the load assignment. It was one of those "need a time machine to make the delivery on time" assignments. Load was due in Mississauga at 9:30am. No possible way I'm making that appointment time short of installing wings and a jet engine on this bucket. Yeah, they know you'll be late. Just get it there ASAP.

Crossed the border half an hour ago. Swapped the Qualcomm to Canadian HOS. And was immediately informed that I was out of hours.

That came as quite a surprise, since every other time I've come to Canada, I've had time added to my clock.

IMG_20180305_130520.jpg

I'm guessing it's the -12:57 that's the problem. No idea what that field means, and a cursory google search was uninformative. But I've been off-duty now for 40 minutes and nothing has reset.

My phone calls to HQ have resulted in (apparently) another driver calling me, who is (I infer, perhaps incorrectly) going to try and come here with an empty trailer and swap with me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.