Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    For some the CPM is higher. I train a little so my earnings are higher. Combine the miles I drive and my CPM, it equates to the earnings I stated. But the nice part? I enjoy quality hometime.

Just getting started in Kingman. Working off my recap the last 2 days. I’ll be dropping this load in West Memphis tomorrow and then heading to Reno. I have to adjust my hometime, I found out yesterday that I have to attend a 3 day training seminnar in Richmond given by a safety company to “train the trainer”. This has been an ongoing issue with all involved. When it was brought up my first question was how much are you paying me to do this? Finally agreed to $150 per day, motel and food. Then I’ll go home for a week. Be safe all.......trucks are still green and say Abilene!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    We fix stuff? Is Bill talking about the same company? Maybe the body shop does, but the shop sure does not. They clear codes. If you have a KW under warranty, consider yourself lucky. I still have coolant leak issues after 4 trips to the shop. I'm at the point that I don't care. I put an entire jug of coolant in my truck every other day now and will continue to do so until it just won't go anymore. When they ask me why I didn't turn it in, I'll produce evidence of all the times I wrote the same issue up. Of course, it'll still be my fault for not keeping on the shop about it even though they didn't fix it. I just get tired of the lazy attitude down there. When you call, and get J Jr on the phone, or talk to him in person, he acts like it's such a bother. If you hate your job so much, go work somewhere else.

4. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    I have just discovered, to my considerable annoyance, that the three Petro/TA truck stops listed in Missouri are the only Petro/TA truck stops on I-44 between Oklahoma City and St Louis.

5. ExtremeUnction

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Well, looks like I was right to be cynical. They were trying too hard to convince us that nothing would change and everything would be fine.

Thanks to some inside sources, I have obtained an Actual Photo of the new fleet trucks Knight has authorized for us Abilene folks.

30742069_853007258224237_2934917475965337600_n.jpg

I guess I'll have to see it in the Abilene Green before I can make any judgement.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What the hell.....??:biggrin_2556:

7. Barn Door Bill

Barn Door Bill Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2015
    If it pulls Gatorade up Flat Top faster than 30 mph then I'll take it.

RebelChick, JohnBoy and ExtremeUnction Thank this.
  8. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    My truck only does 68. It was never turned up.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Jeez, late for the party are we? Lol

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    I didn't think it was worth the extra 1mph on the pedal. I never use the cruise control.

11. ExtremeUnction

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Me, whenever I accidentally activate Edna's GPS (which I have somehow managed to do twice today):

[​IMG]

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.