Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I sent a message via email to safety about using the "personal conveyance" but I don't know who will get it since "Mary" is no longer there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Silverdriver

Nov 19, 2013
    I will.
    We get paid after the two hours right?

5speed Thanks this.
  4. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    That's what they tell me.

5speed and Silverdriver Thank this.
  5. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    She's not...I just spoke to her last week or maybe week before last. I know Keith is not in wytheville anymore either. Knight's dropping them like hot potatoes.

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  6. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Keith chicken poop quit by fax the beginning of the week. Heard he wasn't all that to begin with.
    Apparently Mary wasn't doing her job at all, so guess she wasn't all that either.

JohnBoy and 5speed Thank this.
  7. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Maybe they should put a camera at all their desks like in our trucks? It'll be called " desk-cam"

8. Sustanon

Sustanon Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2010
    KY
    Yesterday i waited 8hrs on a 460 knight dedicated load after sitting all day sunday,today i was hoping for a better load,got 2 options: repower one 400 mls,or repower another that i went with-8 mls 2am tonight lul.Dispatcher called...gave me the talk about he customers...it's basically shut up,no one cares how many hrs u have,how much u waited or what u like,this is what we need u to do_On top of this i am with 730k truck,its the same volvo i started here,when i got it had 500k.Leaks oil galon every 3 weeks,coolant 1-2galons a week,the headlights go off at night for about 2-3seconds and back on,the side skirts,and the front right corner are held with a duck tape(not joking),the rpm gauge arrow sometimes goes to 2100rpms and stays there,the 1st time that happened it scared me now i just ignore it.Just got the truck from the shop after one week with a loaner its like nothing changed.I might abandon u soon.

9. Silverdriver

Nov 19, 2013
    Like the old movie title says..."Gone with the wind" :)

5speed Thanks this.
  10. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    I apologize for these issues. I'll consult my president @JohnBoy with this matter.

Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  11. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Bwaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

Seems to me @Sustanon needs a new truck for sure! 730k! My 13 had that on her and then some before it was time to go; however, it did not have any issues. Ran like a dream. Hated to get out of that truck. What year is the truck? If a 14 or early 15, you should be able to get a new or newer truck. Especially with all the issues.

As for the mileage issue, dang it, man!!!! Sounds like you need to go above your DM straight to the top of the food chain. Screw that go up the chain of command mess. Doesn't work here. Have your ducks in a row and let them know you need more miles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.