Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Has anybody had to throw in load locks into a trailer filled with CO2 tanks. And not be told until you got into the trailer and started stumbling round thinking you were gonna die because there was no oxygen in the trailer??

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GShock75

GShock75 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2018
    TEXAS
    Thank you Ma'am, I appreciate your answers and advice, y'all have been super cool, but again, if I am doing this or asking these questions in the wrong thread, I'll be happy to move it.

Again I will be more than happy and appreciative to take any advice or suggestions to help this lady friend out, she's new, naive, and wee bit hard headed, lol, but there's more information I can send her way, perhaps she'll come around.

4. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    That's a new one for me.
    But doesn't that fall under Hazmat? We don't pull any hazmat.

5. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    That was a Perdue trailer. Maybe they were trying to kill me!

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Paging @Chinatown....

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Holland Enterprises Inc.
    Danny Herman Trucking
    Both are good for Houston drivers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Danny Herman is dry van and runs coast to coast below I-40. Lots of Texas border towns and all the way to Southern California. No Northeast!
    Holland Enterprises is refrigerated and has an excellent reputation.

8. Sustanon

Sustanon Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2010
    KY
    Holland Enterprises Inc.
    Danny Herman Trucking
    Poly trucking
    FCC
    Or go back with crete(i am a veteran there 7years i took lots of #### there,but this here lately its approaching a new level ) are the options i am considering
    They send me a load this morning that picks up 9pm tonight no layover lol,on the positive side its a 2000k,on the negative...the load will go to a team that i will repower most likely,it happens every time i am in colton.I must say Abilene is not a bad company at all,but if they want to f.. with a driver,for whatever reason(there is always a reason) it is vicious.,lots ot BH NY city loads with 2 stops in the am hours,and a lots of repowering teams.I am in a 15 by the way(love the truck i just wish they would fix it right).

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Holland and Danny Herman trucks are set up right for driver comfort; Tripac APU, refrigerators, and all that good stuff.

MidWest_MacDaddy and Silverdriver Thank this.
  10. Jerry Rigs

Jerry Rigs Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Lots of BS for teams too. We do get better loads generally, but we were sent to Brooklyn recently with a late load mid day. Also we were sent to Long Island in the afternoon. We often sit for a day in Colton, waiting on a load. Layover pay is not good for us, as we split it. The miles have been on the low zide lately...

Lonesome and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  11. GShock75

GShock75 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2018
    TEXAS
    Thank you kind sir, I greatly appreciate the info, so I can pass it along to this lady friend of mine, that way the less frustration she experiences with the different trucking companies, the less I have to hear/counsel her on lol, I may end up owing y'all a round of beers.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.