Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Made a delivery to "San Luis" Arizona and had the opportunity to look at one section of fence that separates United States from Mexico. I spoke Spanish with the local "Chicanos" and they said that in that section of the fence there are 50 family's with children since mid November living under a plastic carp trying to get into the United States. Compare to another town we're there are hundreds.
    My wife told me today that there is another group that has started the same journey of hundreds.
    IMG_20190116_085320.jpg

Finfn1372 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    upload_2019-1-17_20-21-28.png

4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Did they have an opinion?
    Did they offer up a solution?

Ya, I heard the “next wave” is coming ... some 2,000 strong already... hoping Mexico can turn them around before they add to the humanitarian crisis of people choosing to go camping in the desert of Mexico.

Not opposed to legal immigration but we all have rules we must follow...

5. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
  6. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    The people in the neighborhood are giving them coffee and some food. The only thing they said is "We know what it's like to be in need".

7. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Looks like I jinxed myself. I apparently have a new DM. In fact, in true Abilene fashion, I had a new DM when I wrote the quote above congratulating myself for having the same DM for 2.5 years. Nobody told me.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Well, I’m hoping to leave PA before they shut down All Commercial Vehicals at Noon on Saturday... then deadhead to RVA ... will be Red Tagging this trailer and noting it in a QC message... that’s all I can do.

But, to Abilene’s credit, I too was told that it was ok to run with Registration only (both “Per Safety” and my DM) ... but that they were bringing it in to RVA to be addressed... I assume now that someone issued an Official Warning... lol

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Oh, and I heard on the Radio today that Trumps Support within the Hispanic Community jumped from 38% to 50% in the last month.

And no, it didn’t come from Fox News but this was from a pole completed by NPR ... I must find this to send to a very dear, very close, and very liberal friend of mine... LOL

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Oh and ya, Darn Receivers... my LUL won’t be completed before I hit my 14... so I ask about staying on premise and leave in the morning.

Oh sorry, they won’t let you... BUT there is a very nice Sheetz right down the road that you can stay at... plenty of room.

Being one to Trust, but Verify, I looked it up online... looks like a postage stamp... so I call... lady laughed at me when I asked about parking...

Walked back to inform him that it’s a bit tight there already... can I leave the trailer here and bobtail there... pick up the trailer in the AM?

Oh, sure...

I get here and it’s smaller than a postage stamp and mostly bobtails parked in every nook and cranny... and a few T/T too.

That SOB was going to let me grab the empty trailer, leave the property, and then find out just how screwed I was... lol

I hope there is a Special Place in a certain hot location for him and his kind ... LOL

Finfn1372 Thanks this.
  11. Barn Door Bill

Barn Door Bill Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Not the only reason, I'd imagine... :eek:

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.