Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Not a big deal... but they all look so nice all facing out... a sea of green one after another... now... well... looks chaotic... but I’m rarely in the Yard, by design, so my two cents are worth just that... two cents.

Gotta post quick to best him... lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Plenty of room up here on the Cool Kids podium for you and whoever else, my man.

4. ExtremeUnction

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Guy named Cliff who I mentioned a week ago. He's the one who called me and asked me when I was going to come back from hometime and run freight after I had spent all day on the yard waiting for Hill-Phoenix to finish loading a trailer so I could hit the road

Current assignment ran me up against my 70. That doesn't happen too often, what with all the east coast running I do. Load assignment (which I received yesterday) had me running a load from Boar's Head in Forrest City to the Wytheville yard. Load assignment expected me to be there today at noon. However, I only had enough left on my 70 to make it to Knoxville. There was some confusion as Cliff expressed concern that I stopped early last night with 3 hours left on my drive clock, until I explained that it didn't matter how much time I drove yesterday because I wasn't getting any recap back. So I could either get up this morning in Nashville with 3 hours on my drive clock and drive to Knoxville or I could get up this morning in Jackson with 6 hours on my drive clock and drive to Knoxville, but either way, I wasn't going to have the hours to drive past Knoxville until Sunday.

And while I was sitting around here at the Petro in Knoxville today, someone sent me another load assignment for tomorrow. Picking up a Boar's Head load from Wytheville and delivering it in Augusta at Stupid O'Clock Monday morning. Current plan is to go to bed early tonight, get up early tomorrow, and be parked a mile away from the receiver by 2:00pm so I can watch my beloved Saints hopefully move on to the Super Bowl tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I don’t want to jinx myself like others have done here recently, so I won’t mention that my DM is working out pretty good so far... I’ll keep him.

6. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Augusta? You can park at that receiver. Just pull behind, spin around and back up to open air dock. Nice folks there will wake you for paperwork, and I believe you can stay after they get done. Real quiet - If it’s where I’m thinking. Pilot right down the street is tiny, tiny and loaded with locals.

7. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Wow! 14!!! :eek:

8. ExtremeUnction

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Fourteen hours is a long time to go without a place to poop, though.

I remember thinking that guy was nuts when he told me I had enough room to turn around. But sure enough...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    RebelChick Thanks this.
  9. RebelChick

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Unhook and drive up to said Pilot if you have to. Being female and all, I had a camping toilet (I know, TMI), so.... Too many sketchy places and construction areas with porta-sewers made that a necessity.

MidWest_MacDaddy and gntorres61 Thank this.
  10. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Might have to invest in one myself! Wife is wanting to go with me once my 90 days are up. Rest areas are my preferred these days to park unless I need a shower.

11. RebelChick

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Whoever dropped 7284 must have a death wish or is just plain stupid - or both. It came all the way from Berea KY with 40K in it - WITH THE PINS NOT OUT. Glad I do a thorough inspection on all the trls I pull. And they dropped it so low that even with my air bags dumped, I had less than 1/8” clearance to get under it.

I’m sure it wasn’t one of our fine contributors here on this thread, so just venting.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.