Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    ExtremeUnction Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Why? Somebody might see you. :confused:

Yuck. :eek:

JohnBoy and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    So ... Roll Call...

Who here uses a Rand McNally GPS?

Who would appreciate if our whole customer data base was in a file that could be imported into your unit... no more typing them in manually and individually?

This would be a Starting Point... one would have to add personal addresses in to their file after importing the Mast Cust File.

Maybe new drivers that just bought their first unit? Send them off with all the customers or maybe not “all customers” but all of our bigger accounts.

Thoughts?

Trainers: I would especially like your feedback. You have the Trainees... would it be handy to hand them (ok, sell them) a new unit fully loaded? Let them actually start to use it during their training?

6. Barn Door Bill

Barn Door Bill Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Yeah they are. I've only ever delivered to the one on Landmark and (for me) most of the time the office ladies have always been the slowest part of the process.

Picked up at their place on Imron a few times. They never seemed to talk long to load but those have always been Walmart loads brokered by CH Robinson. Always a cluster and a half with those jokers.

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    JohnBoy Thanks this.
  8. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    They're bracing themselves for a test ride with JohnBoy.

9. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    A question for you long term Kenworth drivers:

I have somehow managed to turn off the illumination for my dashboard gauges. The LED console is working, but the actual gauges are dark even though I have the headlights on. I do not see any obvious knobs or dials which would allow me to increase the illumination of the gauges. Anybody know where I can find it? Or know what I might have done to turn it off?

EDIT: Also, the "Dash Brightness" setting is already at max, just in case that was going to be your suggested solution.

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    LOL ... they do... scowl on their face, eyes crossed, and one of those English caps pulled down over their brow... LOL

But the little whirlybird thing on top of the cap, it kind of looks like a pissed off schoolboy... LOL

11. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    The same thing happen to me on 1717. Believe it or not, it’s a software issue that the shop has to correct. What Joe told me was to try the key reset.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.