Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I was hoping for a bulldozer through the front door, with or without people sitting at their desk.

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    How does one avoid the Grand Canyon size hole without taking the fence out?

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    “I’m not pulling this POS tomorrow. Not my problem”. :rolleyes:

5. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    I cannot, in good conscience, do that to another driver. Just who I am. And I hate it when others do!

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    And that is what makes you a driver, and the ones that do that overpaid seat warmers.

7. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    :biggrin_2559:

MidWest_MacDaddy and JohnBoy Thank this.
  8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Richmond Yard: looks to be more patchwork fixes than anything... I know I joke about some Interstates being more patches than original roadway... {cough, Arkansas, cough, cough}... but soon that statement will apply to the Yard at Richmond... lol

Wytheville Yard: I know they replaced the culvert at the entrance... there used to be three huge metal plates covering the holes into the top side of the old culvert... and one more hole coming on strong... I almost lost a steer in it... but the whole culvert has been replaced... not sure what else could be repaired... it’s a gravel lot... lol

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    and I learned something today... our income reallocation to reimbursed expense is now going to 11 CPM... I politely stuck my head into the Human Resources Office... just to acknowledge my personal opinion about not paying us our full CPM as Income vs backend accounting manipulation... again, politely and professionally... and I was told this...

“I think it was a year ago when we wanted to do away with that and just pay the Drivers as income... but the Drivers pushed back a lot has they would then have to pay taxes on that as income.”

I’m like, uh? They get to write it off their taxes in the daily per Diem... lol

I must be missing something... I know we talked about that here in the past as being shorted income and SS Taxes paid in for us...

But, my main question is... does anyone here remember it being discussed and shot down by the Drivers?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Silverdriver Thanks this.
  10. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    By driving directly over the fresh patch of blacktop that is now covering the spot where the hole used to be.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  11. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Not discussed at all to my knowledge. I’d prefer to pay those taxes and get a higher SS payout. Just another way to manipulate the system IMO.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.