Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    They didn’t? Geesh ... sticklers eh? lol

Bumper Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I was told last year to make sure and get a good account person for the taxes... Reason a lot of the truck driver deductions no longer applied I was lucky to get $800 and was told also that this year I may end up owing to the "IRS".

4. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Cross Bronx Expressway at a standstill thanks to construction on the George Washington Bridge. Estimated two hours to travel the six miles from Throgs Neck Bridge to the GWB. I am at the 45-minute mark myself, and not even halfway across. So that sounds about right.

Bumper and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    The best bet would be to contact an experienced tax adviser and cross your fingers that their fees don't exceed the amount they will "save". From the little I picked up, I don't think you can
    I had to "pay" $316 this year. Not a life changing amount of money, but probably the most painful payment I have ever made.

I keep telling myself it's all for a good cause as I am sure Walmart needed that extra 6 billion they will get.

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  6. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    We went from getting back about $500 per year to owing $500 this year.

Silverdriver and motocross25 Thank this.
  7. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Same here.

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ok... saga continues...

On Tuesday morning, I made another attempt to move into my third truck in two months... BUT ... having learned my lesson, I took it for a test drive before moving in and taking ownership of it... I started driving south on I95 and checking out the new sensors and governor settings etc... now lane departure warnings too... great... ok... seems acceptable.

On the way back, I soon became aware of that strong wind blowing my bobtail around... look up... wait... the wind in bowing in the other direction... LOL ... I’m fighting a wind and still pulling to the right... LOL

OK, trucks out of alignment...
    glad that I did a test drive...

Turn it in and return to my current ride...

They finally touch it around 4pm... expected.

I go out to dinner and get off the Yard for a bit.

This morning I check in... yup, fixed alignment and ordered a part for a secondary issue...

But... let’s do another test drive... (I’m learning)

LOL LOL LOL ... you guessed it... still pulling to the right... maybe not as bad but the wind isn’t blowing either... LOL LOL LOL

I return... to let an unbiased third party to confirm the issue... I admit, I’ve been a bit sour lately... LOL

Skip ahead a couple hours... the very nice Mr. B, the Shop Supervisor, comes to take it for a test drive... he let me drive... which I didn’t want to do as I wanted impartial test but he said it was ok. Off we go...

Yup, confirmed... still out of alignment and pulling hard to the right... he will have the Alignment Guy check it out... same guy that did the alignment last night... lol

So... I’m now out to lunch and will see what this afternoon brings... {shrugs}

Observation: once again, just like taking three separate attempts over a few weeks to fix what was a simple air leak on the engine of 1789... it is now taking two visits over two days to get a truck aligned.

Honestly, when this former white collar bean counter can run a Class 8 Truck two miles and tell that it’s out of alignment... that only goes to prove that no one checks their work after “fixing an issue” to confirm that they actually did the job to completion.

Sad... Just Sad...

but things are looking up... lol
    (Or so we are told... right JB?)

9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Boy does that bring back memories.....back in my Crete days I had a truck with bad universal joints in the drive shaft. Terrible vibration at 50mph. Kept going back and forth. Finally their mech told me it was fixed. I planted his butt in the passenger seat and away we went. Got up to 50 and sure enough it starts shaking...he looks at me and says, One heck of a vibration there huh.....he finally changed out the joints and all was well....shops...pffft.

MidWest_MacDaddy and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. Silverdriver

Nov 19, 2013
    And I forgot to mention. If you don't have medical insurance during the past year, they will add you a "Fine". :mad:

11. Silverdriver

Nov 19, 2013
    Two year's ago I ask the shop to fix the passenger side front steering "Hub seal"... 4 hour later truck was ready... When I look! :eek:The driver side front steering "Hub seal" was done!

MidWest_MacDaddy and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.