Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Today's excitement: Was driving from Toledo to Richmond. 800lb load of plastic containers going to HP in Sandston. It's the address that's next door to the usual address. The address with the very chatty security guard.

I hit the road about 8:30am. Long about Breezewood I started feeling like crap. Decided to take a shower.

Thirty minutes later, was back on the road. Still felt like crap.

The situation continued to worsen. No clue why I was feeling terrible. Dizzy, woozy, nauseous, chills. I spent the last hour of my drive with the heater going full blast.

If I just don't feel good, well, I'll keep driving. Sitting and holding a steering wheel isn't strenuous, so if I just got some aches and pains and coughs, I'll keep trucking. But the minute my mental faculties and judgement are impaired by being dizzy, I'm calling it a day. I have been driving for Abilene for over 2.5 years now, and they have yet to give me a load that's worth me wrapping this truck around a bridge pylon.

Called DM. Informed DM that I was not going to be able to safely make on-time delivery with this current load. Told 'em they would need to rescue the load if they wanted it to be delivered by midnight tonight.

Pulled in to the Quarles truck stop.

Stood up. Almost fell over.

Crawled into the bunk and pulled all the covers over me. VERY dizzy, VERY shaky. Last time I was this dizzy, I was 12 and did it to myself on purpose on the merry-go-round at the park. I have never been this dizzy as an adult for any reason, and I've had cancer.

And it was so sudden. That's the baffling thing about it. Everything I did today is pretty much the same thing I do every day.

Woke up an hour later drenched in sweat. Felt very feverish. No aches or pains, just chills. I thought I'd bought a thermometer at one point, but I couldn't find it. So either I didn't buy one or I bought one and left it somewhere.

Decided that I didn't wanna die in my sleep. When you've had cancer, you tend to be a little paranoid about sudden unexplained symptoms. So I dropped the trailer and bobtailed to the closest urgent care clinic.

Results were inconclusive. They didn't have a doctor, just one of those Super Nurses. She feels pretty certain that I'm not going to die tonight from whatever it is that ails me. But she doesn't really know what ails me. I was honestly not impressed.

Was there two hours, now back at Quarles, hooked back up to the trailer (which was still here -- yay!) and am about to hit the sack.

Still dizzy, still slightly nauseous, but not as bad as it was a few hours ago. So we'll see how things go tonight. If you never hear from me again, you'll know why.

JoeyJunk, MACK E-6, Lonesome and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    gntorres61, JoeyJunk, MACK E-6 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. djsinco

djsinco Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Still dizzy, still slightly nauseous, but not as bad as it was a few hours ago. So we'll see how things go tonight. If you never hear from me again, you'll know why.[/QUOTE]

Everything you stated sounds consistent with moderate food poisoning...

5. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Everything you stated sounds consistent with moderate food poisoning...[/QUOTE]
    Yep! I thought the same.
    I hope you get better! Let us know how you are doing.

Finfn1372 Thanks this.
  6. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Yep! I thought the same.
    I hope you get better! Let us know how you are doing.[/QUOTE]

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  7. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Check to make sure you don’t have an exhaust leak. Sounds like carbon monoxide.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
  9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Does anyone know his name or truck number?
    It’s been long enough for a good nights sleep.
    We need a safety check on him.

JoeyJunk, Finfn1372 and dwells40 Thank this.
  10. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Update on @ExtremeUnction :
    He is still alive {whew} and a bit feeling better. But he is in touch with medical professionals.

I’ll let him give details as he wants but Thoughts and Prayers for a simple solution to his situation are always appropriate.

11. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    FOR NOW

:blackknight:
    :bonedemon:
    :diabloanifire:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.