Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Thanks, I’m good. As I ask my wife to get me another hot tea and lemon.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Here at Nashville, TN. Consignee was under the impression that we (4 drivers) were responsible for unloading the trailers with hillphonix . We said no! And now we are all seating for some people to come... Detention pay has started and still no one is here! $$$$$$:D

MACK E-6, jarhead0311 and JohnBoy Thank this.
  4. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    MDV Norfolk. What a flipping joy. Was told it’s a drop. Nope. Not according to MDV. Live at 2300. Not. Gonna. Happen. Not on my truck anyways. Was supposed to be off and home before 1730 today for an appointment. Not. Gonna. Happen. Either since it’s 1715 now and I’m an hour (or more with traffic) away. And I’m not the only one. Another local and now an OTR are here.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    And there’s the truth... JB got used to the easy life and his lovely better half taking such good care of him that he doesn’t want to come back out... lol :D

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  6. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    So I’m on the RVA Yard, here for a few mechanical issues... Sound asleep in the pure comfort that is my truck... BANG BANG BANG... on my truck... I’m thinking I must be dreaming, I’m on the Yard not needing to bump a dock in my sleep... goes back to sleep... BANG BANG BANG... gets up... another Driver at my door...

“Dude, sorry to wake you but can I borrow your key... I got my seat belt stuck in my door and it won’t open so I’m trying to get in my passenger door but it’s locked and you are the only one here with the same truck... can I borrow your key dude.”

So ya... that was at 2:30am... now it’s pushing 4:30am... ya, thanks buddy... I’m glad I could help you out but dang it... now my day if F’ed!!!

If only the Blonde was here to give me some nice warm honey tea ... :rolleyes: ... herbal no caffeine of course... with a twist of lemon please... :p

JohnBoy and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  7. RebelChick

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    So....finally get into MDV yesterday evening and guess what? For a company that’s not allowed to drop, there’s 3 empty trailers that have been dropped. WTF? Oh well. Just meant I got more hours.
    On an even more fun note, I was supposed to be home before 5:30 yesterday because I had someone coming to pick up my mother’s old stove. Sold it and she is getting a new ADA approved one. Yeah, didn’t make that and hubby had to go handle things. Which didn’t work out so well since he isn’t as thorough as I am and just left all the pots/pans on her counter, for me to deal with, I’m sure. But since I didn’t get home until 7:30, and my mother wouldn’t answer her phone when I called at 7 to let her know I was almost there because she was pissed about that. She calls me back at 8 with an attitude and we had such a lovely discussion. I just love my life {mucho sarcasm}. Add to that the fact that last pay period sucked for me and I may/may not have enough to cover bills has got me really in a super mood today.
    One shining light? The fact that Chris isn’t in charge of locals anymore. And even that is a small light today.

Lonesome, MidWest_MacDaddy and JohnBoy Thank this.
  8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I’m delayed coming out. Not really, but sounds good. I called into the mothership and spoke to my secretary. I asked him when am I scheduled to come back out? (I knew), he said next Monday, and by the way, you sound like poo poo. I told him I’ve been sick since we got home, under a Dr’s guidance, but I’ll be ready to hit the road this Thursday. He said really? I said yessir. I’ve been off 3 weeks. It’s time I go and earn my keep. Then I told him I need the first week in July off. He asked me why, told him it’s my wife’s 60th birthday and we’re going to Punta Cana Dominican Republic with the grand baby and kids for that week. And guess what he said? No problem, it’s in the system. I love this place. Back to the couch.

9. RebelChick

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    I’m climbing in one of your suitcases for that one! LOL
    Hope you feel better soon.

MidWest_MacDaddy and JohnBoy Thank this.
  10. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    That code for his better half is tired of having him around for so long... thankfully he has 5 more years before retirement for her to warm up to the idea... ;-)

{sorry for picking on you so much but we’ve missed you so much over the last three weeks... gotta catch up a bit on the harassment.}

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  11. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I continue to truly appreciate the communication here at Abilene... I need a few little things for the interior of my Truck... a while back I spoke to the garage... “talk to the body shop”... I go to the body shop... “we don’t have them and you tell that garage that they can order stuff too!!!”

So I just dropped it... then...

Email DM, “hey buddy, I need a few little things for my Truck... I got the run around from both the garage and the shop... could you talk to someone and just get these ordered so they are there waiting for me the next time I’m on the Yard?” ... “sure thing!”

A couple weeks later, on a Sunday... swing in to the garage to pick up the items... two of which I can install myself... “nope, no clue... check in on Monday.”... no interest in looking... calling someone didn’t even cross their minds”

F that... I’m not sitting on the Yard for that... that is why I had them ordered... ugh... and Phillip has a load that needed to roll.. so I left.

Today, I touch base with the garage... nope... check with body shop.... “who did you talk to?”... so I Call DM... who did you talk to... blah blah blah... the garage...

Body Shop guy goes to garage... they have one item... but they ordered one part for a KW not a Volvo... and didn’t know what color to get the other part even though DM asked me for that detail too...

So now Body Guy is salvaging parts from a wrecked Volvo on the Yard... LOL ... I could have done that myself... ;-)

I LOVE THIS PLACE.... :D

{cue Yackity Sax}

PS please don’t read the above as complaining... I am literally laughing, well, the several little voices in my head are the ones literally laughing... even the quiet one in the corner... now that is a bit strange... he never laughs.... I should probably talk to someone about him... now I’m worried...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    MACK E-6 and Silverdriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.