Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    In a nutshell, trainees don’t go west, you can’t run anymore then one 14 hour clock and the truck MUST be parked for a 10 hour break. A trainer gets no extra miles, is paid $500 extra per week with a total of $500, which means if I have my trainee for the full 14 day pay period, I’m only getting paid for 10 days.

The straw that broke the camels back was when I was given this load at 9am, then had it taken away at 10 because of the new policy, after realizing I would loose out of $750, I walked in and handed over my trainee to Chad and resigned from training.

Everyone knows full well I’m not in this just for the money, but I’d be a fooll to get short changed on trainer pay AND loose out on $750. I told everyone at the yelling match the program is wrong, the trainer is doing all for the company and is getting paid half of what we use too and I for one don’t need the abuse or brain damage.

So, I’m on my way to Seattle, Portland, Klamath Falls and Santa Barbara with a 4100 mile trip and 4 extra stops that will be done on Wednesday......solo.

Vic Firth, MACK E-6, Lonesome and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    14 and 10 eh?

So if you are trying to build up the Trainees stamina for driving 11 hours a day, you are sitting in the seat watching them drive straight all day??? Boring!!!

Ugh... I’d say as a former trainee that would suck too... in the beginning it was nice to have someone holding your hand but after a couple days of “driving straight” you only need them available as needed... first/second time doing things, polishing up backing skills, verifying the plan, etc... it would drive me nuts to be sitting side by side every darn day of training.

And ya, loosing money too...

So glad nothing is changing... {shrug}

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Silverdriver Thanks this.
  4. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    And I don’t know when it happened but I just discovered that the Shop closes now at 5pm.

Just needed the Truck connected to a computer to tell me if I need to worry about the Engine Light that keeps coming on... trucks running ok but the light keeps coming on...

So I was hoping to get it checked and cleared and roll out last night... but nope... have to wait until this morning...

I certainly hope I’m not stuck in RVA for the weekend... while I could find something to do, I just had 3.5 days unpaid last weekend for 2 days of home time...

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  5. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Nah, no changes. It’s all going to stay the same. This calendar year ends on 12/31/19, this will be the first full year after the buyout, while my wife and I are in Australia and New Zealand in February, I will make a decision if I’m coming back to Abilene or not. For someone that could have retired 3 years ago, I need to figure out if I want to put up with corporate America or put my 15 year old real estate license to use.

Vic Firth, Lonesome, dwells40 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Agreed... having grown up in Central Illinois, I have a born and bred aversion to Chicago... lol

Love Indy & STL ... but Chicago... As far as I’m concerned, Divide the State of Illinois at I-80 and let them form their own State... both would be better off.

ChrisL, mitrucker and Vic Firth Thank this.
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    That reminds me... I need to knock out my Post License courses this year... the local RE School offers it as an online option... I need to get on that... thanks.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    This Trucker needs a wife like that... take me to Mexico, Italy, Australia and New Zealand... sweet!!! :)

Finfn1372 Thanks this.
  9. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Don’t blame you one bit brother.

10. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Dude, I’d be outta the truck in a hot minute if I was in your position.

11. Clemson974

Clemson974 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2019
    Hello I'm new here Midwest Mac daddy introduced me to the thread glad to be here!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.