Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    How did they get your phone number?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Left the Richmond yard yesterday going to Las Vegas and Los Angeles with 4 drops. After being off and laying around the house eating for 15 days the struggle is real.

4. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Yeah I was keeping record but stopped,need to get back to it.

I would just like to mix it up every now and then.Ive been told my dm doesn't like running his drivers that way,and I'm starting to think there's some truth to it.

I don't give them a hard time,I'm always on time,dependable,get equipment fixed etc.But when you ask them for something they act like you want the moon and the stars.

5. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    You have to fill out a form before getting the trailer with all your pertinent information. It’s then entered into the computer for the monitoring company. The phone calling only happens on real high value loads. Like a trailer full of HP printer ink or a trailer full of tablets. In 7 years here I’ve only been involved with that twice, otherwise it’s the same BS, can’t stop for the first 200 miles, don't broadcast what you’re carrying, don’t leave the truck unsecured, you can’t go home under one of those loads. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  6. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Last one of those I picked up from sandston and took to the yard, I was on hold the entire time from start to finish. I just hung up once I got to the yard. Usually, I call them and tell them I’m going to call you in 20 minutes to let you know I’ve dropped it.

Silverdriver, jarhead0311 and JohnBoy Thank this.
  7. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Sorry for the late response.
    I was making a delivery and pickup in the neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia and it was a complete full day of crazy ridiculous Fun!:(
    But JB did answer your question. The minute you walk into there office they start asking for your license, cellphone number, etc.
    I even remember about 2 years ago that one place took a picture of me!
    “Americas Most Wanted” LoL!

Finfn1372 and jarhead0311 Thank this.
  8. Barn Door Bill

Barn Door Bill Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Must've caught Jarhead on recap coz I got one going from Richmond to Sumner, WA. Took the "company route" as they insisted I do, and as it looks now I may not make it up the mountains west of Missoula anytime soon with the chain laws up.

But that's a tomorrow problem.

jarhead0311, Silverdriver and JohnBoy Thank this.
  9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    That would be a deal breaker for me.

jarhead0311, Silverdriver and JohnBoy Thank this.
  10. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I wrote about my last adventure with these people a while back. Let’s just say their system is slightly flawed. lol.

jarhead0311 and Silverdriver Thank this.
  11. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I don't remember if it was in Riverside, CA. But this place also change there procedure and now before you leave they will take a picture of the truck from different angles and one of you with the truck.
    The last time I was there they even had a "Self automated security robot" in the outside moving all around the parking lot taking video recordings!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.