Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    HP, San Bernardino.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Barn Door Bill

Barn Door Bill Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2015
    First instinct when I saw that thing was, "WTF??". Then just as quickly I realized that it had been trundling towards me, saw me, and stopped, letting me go by before continuing across my path out of there.

It has more survival instinct than the humans who work alongside it; I, for one, welcome our future robot overlords.

jarhead0311, Silverdriver and JohnBoy Thank this.
  4. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    It's the begining of "The Terminator" LOL!
    Have you seen does videos in "You Tube" we have robot's that look human and can speak with you holding a conversation!

Barn Door Bill Thanks this.
  5. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    I am attempting to deliver a PDI load here in Tulsa, OK.

There is nothing that says "This load has a very high probability of generating a long and detailed Trucking Story" quite like seeing PDI at the top of the BOL.

And so far that is holding true today.

I got the load on Friday. And when I saw PDI at the top of the bill, I said "Oh ho! I am going to make some phone calls RIGHT NOW to ensure that this load doesn't generate a long and detailed Trucking Story." So I called the contact phone number on the paperwork and talked to an actual human being. He was the person listed as the point of contact. So far, so good.

"Where am I taking this? 'cause the address is such-and-such, but most of the time the listed address is wrong when I deliver for PDI."
    "No, that's the right address. Take it to the west dock at that address."

So I was feeling pretty groovy about having avoided a long and detailed Trucking Story.

And here we are, three days later. I am at the west dock of the listed address. The building here was absolutely not made with 18-wheelers in mind. The receiving folks were shocked that I was in a full-sized tractor-trailer. And nobody knows anything about this load. Nobody knows anything about the guy listed as the contact. Nobody knows anything about the company listed as the receiver. And the guy listed as a contact isn't answering his phone.

It is amazing how one company can so consistently be a source of trucking adventure.

JohnBoy, Lonesome, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    And the most insane irony of PDI deliveries? No one gives a rats backside that some of those servers are north of 100K each.

7. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Thats when you turn thar into a modeling shoot and make them as uncomfortable as possible lol. Sprawl out across the hood, blow them a kiss, tell them ok I'm ready for my picture....then ask them if they can send you a copy lmao

Silverdriver, JohnBoy and jarhead0311 Thank this.
  8. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    It’s a cold call sale. You show up with the server and they hope someone receives it and signs the BOL then they send a bill for the server

Silverdriver and JohnBoy Thank this.
  9. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV

10. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    I never go up there, especially in winter. I always take 80 to 84 to 82 to 90 to WA-18 to WA-167 to Sumner. Nobody ever says anything to me.

Barn Door Bill Thanks this.
  11. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Took advantage of the good weather and got up here to the pilot in Brazil IN yesterday afternoon to start a reset since Im due in WA next week for home time. DM calls and tells me the broker is freaking out because it is an on time delivery, guess was to suppose to be JIT and I hauled arse and got 24 hours ahead of schedule which is how I normally run if I can, haul arse and sit. Id rather do that than take a chance of being late for any reason. Now I see why they rescheduled pick up for the 2 Jan instead of 1Jan like was supposed to be because of too much time on the load. Im only 240 miles from Grove City OH and it will only take me 3.5 to 4 hours max to get there. Reset is up just after 0100 tomorrow and 0700 appt. Ill be fine. I couldn't get any closer because can't stop within last 200 miles of final with HV load as the security instructions said on this load. Don't know why broker freaking out....guess they they expected me to drive like a turtle. Only takes 3-4 days max to get from CA to OH if good weather with 72 mph truck.....perfectly legal with 70-75 mph limit on the highways except CA of course, gotta drive turtle like there.

Silverdriver and JohnBoy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.