Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Trust me, there is certainly no “if” and my priorities are most certainly straight...

I said I was basically looking ahead and planning ahead and taking a 34 yesterday so that I would have hours to run this coming week and not have issues of hitting my 70 later this week and thus not giving the planners an additional obstacle to have to work around.

Not sure what you read.

Abilene has its issues but getting you where you “need” to be, like ones daughters wedding, is an area they work very hard when they pop up... but the Drivers have some impact on that as well... like working their clocks, when possible, to help in the planning process.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Sitting in Gary,In. Can't deliver till morning,looking like recap, till I go home again.

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  4. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    That’s a crappy place to be stuck.

Finfn1372 Thanks this.
  5. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    You know, there’s stupid and then there’s STOOPID. Just picked up a trl at the yard that came all the way from Berea KY-with the pins retracted. And a heavy heavy load to boot. Yes. That’s the 3rd one in the last 4 months I’ve personally hooked to. Then there was the trl that came out of Columbus OH with the tandems all the way to the rear. ALL. The. Way. To. The. REAR. WTHFH????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you say anything to dispatch, you just get stares.
    AND, I just watched a trainer trying to help to get his trainee into slot 38 here at the yard. She couldn’t do it. He gets in the drivers seat.....and couldn’t hit it either. Those slots are much tighter now than they used to be. At least the free for all seems to have calmed down. Not a lot of tractors on the yard and not as many trls.

6. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Did you make it to a truck stop or are you just sitting there on I-80 in the middle lane?

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    or at the strip club.....

8. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
  9. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Snow and ice storms slowed me down on my way to Fife, WA so they set up a swap with a team as I ran my 70 out. Planners were freaking out because if the load didn't get there tomorrow they would miss the boat to Alaska I guess. Ended up having to chain up on Meacham. Had enough time to get to Space Age travel center where the team was but was really slow going across Meacham and the state troopers were patrolling making sure you had chains on. Cabbage was clear though but started snowing in Pendleton and getting crappy. Violated my 11 hour clock.....but planners were freaking out so load needed to be swapped....me that gets in trouble though if something happens and thrown under the bus....made it over ok though fortunately. Ill make to hometime wed when I gain hours again.

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ya, I kind of thought the same thing. Wasn’t sure if it was just a bad backing night for me or if they squeezed in a few extra slots in each row.

That will certainly help keeping the trailers look nice... lol ... what’s a few extra bumps???

11. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Not sure if anyone else is following the happenings in our Shared Home State of VA... but now West Virginia is introducing a process whereby certain counties of VA could request to be released from VA and join WV...

I tend to be a bit of a political junkie, and Pro 2A too, so this has been holding my attention as it all plays out...

Interestingly, that’s how WV originally came into being... the Western part of the original VA thought they were being ignored by Richmond and wasn’t in sync ... so they split off...

Now the original spilt is inviting others to come over...

Interesting Times.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    dwells40 and Bumper Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.