Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I don’t want to go to NYC, I don’t want to go to Florida. You mean I have to drive over 9 hours today? I don’t go to California. It’s suppose to snow going that way, I have to drive in snow? My mommy took my binkie away and hurt my feelings. I lost my favorite blanket and can’t sleep. I have to drive overnight, in the dark?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Great question there.

MidWest_MacDaddy and mitrucker Thank this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You should hear ours.

“WTF?! I have to do all three of these deliveries TODAY?”

“I have to drive THAT guy’s truck?! He smokes.”

And for the ones that get my run on the rare occasion that I take off....

“I have to drive a hundred miles, THEN do 12 deliveries today AND THEN drive a hundred miles back? ??”

Suck it up buttercup. I had 21 PLUS 3 pickups and STILL punched out before 10 hours. :cool:

5. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    :laughing3: :biggrin_25523:

LtlAnonymous and JohnBoy Thank this.
  6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I probably should not post this as I’m sure it’s whining... but it’s not... I’m not whining... I’m not... I’m reporting back to the group with a driver update...

Ok... ok... I’m feeling a bit whiny... fine!!! :(

I haven’t put in a full days worth of driving in over two weeks... took a reno load and ran a bit extra hard to get out there and take a 34 before returning... but before I could even start a 34 I get a load going back to PA... told I can grab the load then take a 34... ok... when I looked at it, I don’t see anyway to take a 34 and still make on time delivery... (maybe I missed something)... so I limp back to PA on Recap... took a 34 in RVA and thought I’d let the shop touch my truck... you know, have a productive 34... but then they took two days on my truck... and then no Frieght for another half day... ok... for the next five days I average some 425 miles a day...

Then in WM I get a slightly longer run of 500 miles... but before I can roll I’m taken off that one and given a 200 mile load but told I’ll “be in better position with this load“ ... ok, fine, I roll.

Next day I get a very nice 700 mile load... (thank you CN for coming through)... but... hp shipped the wrong cooler and the end result was a return 200 mile trip to WM with an orphan cooler.

Ok... sent from WM to Volvo for a Jax run... another nice 700 mile run... beautiful... (again, thanks CN)... I go to Volvo to wait for it and looking forward to finally putting in a full days work... check in at 7am to grab it and run...

... but... Volvo shut down last night and the load was canceled ... might be reassigned a new number later today... might not...

So here I sit... whining... :p

(Obviously not all internal issues... just some bad luck tossed into the mix by other companies)

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Who do you drive for? UPS??? lol

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  8. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    A little update. Doing better. Thankfully, no surgery was required. Still no release date yet. Sitting at the hospital is far more tiring than working and boring as heck.

9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Bet that wouldn’t happen elsewhere. :D
    Sorry, couldn’t resist.

10. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Supposed to come off hometime yesterday but no good paying loads I guess so extra day off. Get a load today picking up in Lewiston ID to Front Royal VA. Get to paper plant and told to drop trailer and 3-4 hour wait and will call me. Had to leave property too. Asked if could drop in WM but too far out of route. Trying to see if can split miles so whatever I get through sat will go on this check. Was nice not touching east coast for couple months. Kinda dreading what Ill get outta front royal.....

11. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    It’s a different story for one that WANTS to work, but the work isn’t there to do.

Man card intact. :cool:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.