Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Where you going in Staunton, I live close by.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    About once a year I get to stop in Buttonwillow, CA and hit up the Willow Ranch restaurant for a Plow Boy sandwich: brisket, pastrami, bacon, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese, onion rings and jalapenos, all on a hoagie roll. Accompanied by, no joke, the absolute best french fries I have ever tasted.

Today was the day.

If you never hear from me again, I've had a heart attack. I'm at the TA next door.

Assuming I survive this meal, tomorrow will see me and my daughter heading down to San Diego (only my 2nd time to San Diego) to pick up something or other and haul it to the outskirts of Nashville. Not due until Tuesday, so we'll be able to stop in Albuquerque on the way (only 2.8 miles longer than the recommended route down I-10) so she can see her grandparents for a bit.

4. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Best buy dc.

5. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    You need to publish a trucker's culinary guide. To this day, I cannot drive through Indy and not think about your rave reviews of the Indian food place beside the Pilot. Now when I hear Buttonwillow it won't be the race track that comes to mind.

6. Jerry Rigs

Jerry Rigs Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    The Richmond shop is closed today. Hope no one needs anything done...

7. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    The Cherry of the Top of the Abilene Sundae...

Abilene doesn’t pay for ones “earned” vacation when you leave... they say they “award” vacation at ones anniversary date... lol

while I could debate the issue, like I did with their silly ideas on Mid Year Election of Benefits (which I won), and the State might have an opinion on the topic, I’ll just smile and say...

“yup, that’s Abilene”

Stay Safe!!!

TokyoJoe, Lonesome and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  8. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Aren’t you glad you broke free of the madness? Whenever I hear of whatever else they do/come up with/whatever, it reminds me of the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland. “We’re all mad here.” Yup.

9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I would venture to guess every OTR company is the same way. That’s why you take your paid vacation, then send in your resignation letter. I’ve taken my vacation I got on my anniversary date in April knowing all well and good we weren’t going anywhere this year because of the beer flu. And just in case I got one of my wild hairs and decided to change employment, I am paid for my “awarded” vacation.

When I left the last place of employment, I took my vacation. When my check was in the bank, I sent in my resignation letter.

10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Headed to a Reno for Monday. My trainee was tested out yesterday and is now a solo driver. He’s on his way home.

Jerry Rigs, jarhead0311 and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. Jerry Rigs

Jerry Rigs Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Good for Curtis!

We are nearly to W Memphis. Then heading to So Cal, and Oregon.

Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.