Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I think I heard the Governor or one of their Senators commenting about the East West Divide of their State... and it’s not just landscape but a few other differences between the two halves as well. But I can’t recall what was said about it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Does anybody know how to get into the volvo Jacksonville drop after hours?

If you know can you pm me,with details about what to do thanks.

4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    PM Sent.

Lonesome and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  5. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Let me ask y’all something. In this scenario, WWYD?

You come back to work after your days off -with an extra one on the font of it because the body shop was to fix your hard as bleachers seat by switching the bottoms of yours- to find a nasty, stinky one from a different truck instead, and the body shop practically dancing with glee because they know it stinks, but you said you wanted a new seat. No, I wanted the ones IN my truck switched.

Then you find out that your 2700 mile load canceled and there isn’t anything remotely close to that (that they want you to have-and you know they do that-so don’t say they don’t) that leaves before Sunday. So now, you’re off for 5 days, instead of 2.

But wait, there’s more! The load they finally give you (also doesn’t leave until Sunday) delivers Tuesday, 8 miles from the courthouse where they are trying Derek Chauvin in the George Floyd murder case.

I have refused this load assignment because I feel the area is very unsafe at the moment. One little blip could set the area (heck, the whole country) into chaos. (And I’m not as bad ### as I used to be.)

So again, for the whole of this, WWYD? Because, I think I know what I’m getting ready to do.

6. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I think you’re pretty unhappy working there, hoping things will change for the better for your situation, but that doesn’t seem to be happening. It’s probably time to move on, but this is simply an opinion of someone who follows this thread and doesn’t actually work for the company, at the end of the day only you can make the best decision for you.

MidWest_MacDaddy and RebelChick Thank this.
  7. Barn Door Bill

Barn Door Bill Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Pretty sure this is how workplace shootings happen. ETA: Jokes aside, FWIW, you're not alone in any of that. There are some serious pricks in Richmond, and some who ain't. And I can't say I wouldn't have refused that run, either. Regardless, whatever you gotta do, pretty sure I can speak for more than just myself when I say you've got backup and support from folks in this thread. Pretty sure you know that but it can't be bad to reiterate it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Lonesome, RebelChick and JohnBoy Thank this.
  8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Hell no I wouldn’t take that load. Unlike you RC, I still think I’m a bad SOB still, but there comes a time I would stand my ground, and if they find that cop not guilty while you’re there, it’s just not safe.

9. Finfn1372

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    @RebelChick you need to run it freight comes first lol.

MidWest_MacDaddy, Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  10. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    I’ll let you have it.

MidWest_MacDaddy, Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  11. Finfn1372

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Nah I'm good going to Ohio,but thanks.

MidWest_MacDaddy and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.