Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Passed up a rollover this morning in Charleston WV in that sharp curve right before the bridge on the eastbound side of I64 about mile marker 58. Right after the huge yellow sign saying 50mph curve with a picture of a truck rolling over.....amazes me how fast ppl drive around there and down the turnipke with all them curves too. Seen way too roll over or flatbeds lose their loads through there too as well brakes smoking and on fire down flat top and sandstone. Everybody in a hurry....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Wait, is that what that means???

I thought it was a challenge.
    Take the curve on five wheels.
    Earn Extra Points!!!

4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Love this company. Called in Friday and told my DM I can’t come out until Wednesday. Got a last minute appointment at the Dentist for a cleaning and checkup, and my eye examine to get new glasses. Response? Sure no problem, need more time? I’m quite sure the minute I leave the house my whole attitude will change, but right now it’s all good.

5. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Sitting in New Castle taking a reset.Had Indian food for the first time yesterday,was good food just didn't sit to well with me today.

Picking up in the morning,heading toward Atlanta for Tuesday morning.

6. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    What'd ya get?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Butter chicken and nann bread.I think my body wasn't ready for the spice.

8. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    You like it otherwise?

Finfn1372 Thanks this.
  9. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I’ve eaten a number of times at the Indian restaurant across from the Petro in Milan NM at the 79 exit. Excellent food, very helpful explaining their dishes and what it’s made with.

10. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    That’s good to know. I was wondering if it was any good. I think the guy who owns the restaurant was on the news once. No, now that I think about it, this guy was in an unassuming looking truck stop somewhere out that way. Anyway…I haven’t really had Indian food and was thinking of trying it, but with the new issues I have, I don’t think I’ll be able to now. :( Looks like my whole way of life is going to have to change drastically.

Finally made it home and let me tell ya, the 4 1/2 hours to get from Wytheville to RVA and the 1 1/4 hours to get home has me pretty wiped out. Off to the doctor in the morning for whatever he has in store for me.

jarhead0311, Finfn1372 and JohnBoy Thank this.
  11. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Praying you get over all this. But truth be told, until you do, I’d wait on eating any Indian food. When you do, just have them fill you in on the ingredients.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.