Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    I pulled one of our old rust-bucket trailers the other day -- numbered in the 6200s or something like that. Usual thick coating of rust on the rims and the back of the trailer, paint peeling, etc.

Oh, but it had a brand-new freshly painted DOT bumper.

Looked pretty incongruous. Had to laugh.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    There are 2 conflicting statements about parking at the Valley Park consignee. The directions attached to the bills says park on Marshall by the Quikcrete & the folks will come get you, but the directions on the Qualcomm says park on St. Louis facing west in front of the bldg. So which one is the correct one @JohnBoy ?

Finfn1372 Thanks this.
  4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Follow the instruction sheet. With the construction going on you can’t park on St. Louis.

RebelChick and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  5. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Hanging on the yard,leaving in the morning for a preload going to Cleveland.

JohnBoy and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Sysco, over by the airport?

Finfn1372 Thanks this.
  7. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    That's it.

ExtremeUnction and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Both stops not too difficult this morning. At least no cars at the second stop made it easy to spin around in there. Another Abilene driver showed up almost right after I did yesterday at Valley Park. He came out of Groveport, and that truck gets taken first at Valley Park. Followed him to Fenton and will be following him to pick up cheese at Volpi and back to Groveport. LOL Oh yeah, before I forget, you can no longer park beside the actual receiver since they have installed sidewalks, so @JohnBoy advice was spot on. Park on Marshall at the Quickcrete plant on the shoulder. Nice and quiet there. Safe travels everyone.

9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Glad it all worked out.

Lonesome and RebelChick Thank this.
  10. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Guess they forgot about me after I dropped in wytheville Sat. They never answer the phone when I call either so I just did a reset thinking Ill get a preplan today. Nothing til 1030....finally after talking to my DM several times Wytheville finally gave me a load to Indy. Go to hook the empty reefer they told me take over and there was a nice big deep gash in the sidewall of one of the tires so I red tagged it and bobtailed to gatorade. Gatorade was really busy and finally get checked in and get my loaded trailer and two lights burned out and one of them was black like it caught fire at some point. So I now sit at Loves waiting for them to call me to be brought into a bay to get fixed. Another day wasted.....wish they would keep track of the knuckleheads that drop trailers that need fixed.....

11. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    If "they" are like the rest of the "world", they take the attitude, "I ain't got time to track down who had this trailer. The hell with it, get the thing fixed and don't bother me. You make me think and thinking is hard work".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.