Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Dropped my gatorade load and had a load going to Iowa but they couldn't get a drop date set and instructions say not to dispatch until date is confirmed so to Indy again.....didn't want to get to Iowa and get stuck babysitting it for however long it took them to get a date set.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Not at all.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hope so, John. You, of all people, shouldn't have to put up with what you've been putting up with lately. Hope it all works out for you.

Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  5. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Well, something is up with my fifth wheel this morning, went to hook my gatorade load and it won't latch. Don't know what happened but I can open and close the jaw by pushing in it with my fingers. Wonder if someone decided to mess with it while I was sleeping cause they were mad I was parked in a easy spot as a bobtail. Waiting for them to send a mechanic out to look at it.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  6. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Now that Im thinking about it, I did hear a bunch of fifth wheel clinking noises last night over and over again for a bit but thought it was someone next to me or near me at the pilot last night. Never thought to check if someone was messing with my fifth wheel though.

Sustanon and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  7. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Got to the yard last night and started my reset. Truck is in the shop as we speak getting its first PM. I noticed fuel around the fitting on the crossover line into the drivers side tank. Not a leak I thought, just maybe needed to be tightened. Nope, the fitting is cross threaded and it needs to be replaced, which is fine, but they have to drain the fuel out of that one tank in order to change it. Also I’m getting 2 new sneakers on the front end. When I blew out the right front steer a few weeks ago, they put on a different tire. Plus there’s a 40K mile difference between the 2 tires, so Joe said 2 new tires will be put on. Other that that, the only order of business is to go meet my latest DM Steve. I’ll give him this much, he’s personable, can hold a conversation and most importantly, does the things a DM is suppose to do, a far cry from the BS I’ve put up with the last 2 years.

8. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Well, mechanic finally arrived and got my fifth wheel to latch but he said if I get to Indy and it does it again when I drop and hook Ill need to definitely get it in a shop.

Lonesome and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Bet that gave you warm fuzzy feelings!!!!

10. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Whenever I’ve had an issue with my 5th wheel and needed work done on it, I usually spend the next 2000 miles staring in my mirror to make sure I haven't lost my trailer.

11. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Lots! *sarcastically*

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.