Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. YardMule89

YardMule89 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2021
    I don't blame you one bit for being upset. But what gets me is the 1M mile jacket. 1M safe miles and they can't be bothered to get your jacket as a small token of their appreciation? Unacceptable. I would hate to guess the amount of revenue those miles generated and it seems they couldn't care less, but I'm sure the recruiting department is busy trying to keep the seats occupied.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    But I'm betting Abilene gear flows freely among the office personnel.....

4. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    It doesn't matter who "drops the ball", the driver suffers the consequences. In the world of "opinions", the driver's opinion means the least. In the box of "suggestions", guess whose suggestion finds the way to the trash can first??

JoeyJunk, MACK E-6, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  5. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Woke up this morning ready to hit the road for a 6:00am delivery and was confronted with this:

IMG_20220126_063350.jpg

Dude is 10 feet in front of me, completely blocking me in. I spent 5 minutes banging on his truck non-stop to no avail. Pulled forward until I was inches away then laid on the horn. Nada. Went back and banged on his truck some more. Nothing. Now security is out there banging on his truck and not having any more success than I did.

It's now been 50 minutes of this nonsense. Only reason I haven't just rammed into the dude's truck with my own is because I don't want to deal with the paperwork.

JoeyJunk, Rugerfan, MACK E-6 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. ExtremeUnction

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    UPDATE: Security is calling a tow truck to get the guy out of my way. Dunno how successful they'll be since his nose is right up against the curb. Only attachment point a tow truck will have is the DOT bumper on the back of the trailer.

Dude is either out of the truck, dead, or sleeping with headphones on. At this point I hope the tow truck gets here before he wakes up or returns to the truck, because I would like him to be inconvenienced in an expensive way.

JoeyJunk, intrepidor, Lonesome and 8 others Thank this.
  7. ExtremeUnction

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Sadly, I was denied my opportunity for revenge. Dude came strolling up around 7:30 without a care in the world. I guess he had spent the night at the hotel. There was another truck driver banging on his truck who was also blocked in by the dude when he came walking up.

I am not typically moved to overtly emotional displays, but I did give him the one-finger salute as I drove past. He looked at me and shrugged as if to say "What was I supposed to do?". You're not supposed to be an inconsiderate ####### my dude. I was two hours late for my delivery because of you.

JoeyJunk, Rugerfan, Lonesome and 4 others Thank this.
  8. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Problem is majority of ppl like that don't trip plan and fly by the seat of their pants. That would have been awesome if his truck had gotten towed away and he got stuck with a huge bill to teach him a lesson.

JoeyJunk, MACK E-6, dwells40 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Been getting loaded here at Smithfield in Cumming , Ga for the last 3.5 hrs. Call my DM to inform her that my 14 has about caught up to me and it is 8 hr drive to RVA from here where it is dropping on the yard. I like to let ppl know in advance of any issues so they can be handled properly. I don't know when this load delivers where it is going and if it really needed to be on the yard tonight or not. My DM wants to do nothing and says it is gotta be taken there and dropped and just do what you can do instead of notifying the planners of the situation in case arrangements need made to relay the load if it needs to be on the yard tonight. I couldn't get this loaded yesterday due to my 14 catching up as well....

JoeyJunk and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    And that right there is the problem at Abilene. The “I don’t care attitude” and “let someone else deal with it.” I can’t speak for everyone else, but this is why long term drivers are getting fed up and leaving. It’s obvious the company can’t attract seasoned drivers and personnel, so they manage to do with whatever is at the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    JoeyJunk, MACK E-6, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  11. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Fresh college grads. The great Knight way.

JoeyJunk and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.