Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Thank you. This is something I’ve been dealing with for years. I’m working with my Dr to see what the best course of action is.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Doing the same with my shoulders. Now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train I am holding off until I retire at the end of the year.

4. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Praying stuff goes well for you as far as your back goes. Ive had two back surgeries on my lower back due to military injury. If your doc recommends surgery at any point I do recommend having a neurosurgeon do the surgery over an orthopedic surgeon. Ortho did my first and didn't do a good job and all the hardware he put in loosened up and had the second surgery to fix the first surgery plus the other stuff that needed fixed and the neurosurgeon did a way better job though Ill always have pain the rest of my life due to all the titanium in my lower back.

Finfn1372, Bumper and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I guess I’ll add to the “beware” theme… dad was working at my house helping paint and some how stepped off the milk crate he was standing on and jacked up his back too. Dealt with it for a few years and then had surgery which, like above, had issues resulting in a second surgery. Never quite the same but it was bearable.

so ya, second and third opinions before surgery and, when the time comes, find a #### good surgeon so it gets done right the first time.

6. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Any of my cohorts coming to the yard? Make sure you bring your own roll of toilet paper. Had to run out to the truck and get my own.

7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Thats what I said after my second knee surgery. I'm up to 5 now....going up and down stairs reminds me I need another one some day. Main reason we live in a single story house.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    jarhead0311 and JohnBoy Thank this.
  8. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Last time I was there everything was out including soap and paper towels. Almost gotta carry a small bag with you when going to the bathroom there, lol!

9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    That is pathetic.

At least you have the good sense to check before getting down to business. Sometime soon there will be some underwear sacrificed because of that.

10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Or a left sock. Not that I would have any personal knowledge....

11. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    On my way to SLC Utah, Portland Oregon then final in Antioch California. Get to play in snow across Wyoming on Sunday and Monday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.