Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Haven't looked fully into it yet, but I got a teenage son who's going to be graduating from high school next year, and a daughter who will graduate the year after that. So it might be something I consider useful, depending on where the college credits come from and how easily they can transfer to a local college or trade school.

JohnBoy and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Had no idea this was done with mulch!! Have seen potato’s , cotton seed.

jarhead0311 Thanks this.
  4. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    B004324A-14F3-44F6-BB8D-71120FC36602.jpeg 2701C74E-DB0D-43C4-B3AB-8F065E44A8C5.jpeg
    This was after a bale exploded and the forklift driver was too stupid to backdrag with the last bale. This was in Louisiana during the summer. Was a fun sweaty time. View attachment 409948

5. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Was wondering how they were going to unload this mulch, thought maybe they had one of those machines that tilts the truck and trailer back to dump the trailer out but they had me back up to a portable ramp and unloaded me with a small front end loader. They used a leaf blower and push broom themselves to clean out the trailer, didn't have to clean it out myself or hit up blue beacon. Thankfully next load isn't a food load, one of those Marshall loads that pick up in Compton.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  6. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I know I haven’t been out here that long, but could someone enlighten me on how load planning is suppose to work? I was assigned this load last Thursday afternoon. I’ve been on it for a week. The whole load was 3565 miles, 4 drops, SLC Ut, Portland Or (2), and finaled today in Antioch Ca. Did a reset, let them know every day what my eta would be, then get empty at 10:30 this morning and call in. The response? The planner has to book you a load. Jesus Christ, after a week of driving across this country, my daily eta’s and now you decide to book this truck a load on the day I’m empty? I know what I’ve been doing for a week, what the hell has the planner been doing? Finally, after my 11/14 crossed, I had just enough time to run down to Turlock to get loaded, 3 hours after I got empty. I ran out of time at the shipper, then had to PC in the opposite direction 13 miles to the TA in Livingston. Now they want me in Baltimore Tuesday morning at 8am.

7. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    When I talked to my DM yesterday she said the west coast planner was also working another area besides his own and that he might be behind on west coast ppl. I didn't get planned either until I was almost to the receiver yesterday.

Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  8. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Stopped at the Loves in Lake Havasu to get fuel and a few of the pumps were down. Im behind one of the good ones waiting and this driver pulls up to one of the bad ones next to me, two lanes to my right were down with one blocked by trash cans and the other with the yellow bags on the nozzles. He tries to back out because there was a YRC truck parked in front of the one with bags and can't get around my trailer so he stops to get out so he stops and gets out and moves the trash cans out of the way and zips right through not stopping to put the trash cans back. I figured he wouldn't cuz it looked like he was about 450 lbs. Sure enough another truck pulls in thinking the pump was good and me being nice let him know it was not working and when he pulled out I dragged one of the cans over and this woman driver pulls in and stomps on the accelerator as Im walking over to get the other can and rams the trash can I put in front of the lane and I stared at her and she rolls down her window and asks what is going on....pump is down knucklehead.....

9. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    did he have flip-flops on too. o_Oo_Oo_O:):)

jarhead0311 Thanks this.
  10. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Yeah, he actually did.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    This is the job for me, as I’m an expert at baiting a hook. Some might even say a master baiter. :rolleyes:

I’ll see myself out.

Friend, Speedy356, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.