Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Got the final piece of last weeks procedure put to sleep yesterday. The pathology report came back negative. I can carry on with my wonderful career for another 21 months.

Been with my mom everyday with my family dealing with Dr’s, tests and the whole hospital scene. We are in a better state today knowing what needs to be done and the time frame of the surgery. What was the biggest issue is her age, 88 next week. So they’ve had to run a battery of tests to make sure she’s up to and capable of having surgery. Thank God we all are here together and are able to consult with the Dr’s and make decisions. Of course my 88 year old Italian mother from NY is one tough woman. Love you Mom!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    The previous post makes me take a step back and realize, just how insignificant some things in life are. I’m very fortunate, if through all this I had any roadblock in my way dealing with my medical issue, or dealing with my mom, I’d have zero issue with retiring right now.

I’m a little miffed with this group I work for. I haven’t received a phone call, a word of encouragement or anything from anyone. HR was pleasant, but that’s their job. Safety wants to make sure I jump through hoops to legally come back to work. Operations, more then likely don’t even know I’ve been off for the last 3 weeks with another week to go. So, if anyone wants to question me about my attitude, have at it. There’s a sheet load more I can write, but like my mom always said, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing. I’m taking the high road.

4. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    JB, it’s just a job. It was there before you and will be there long after you retire. I repeat, it’s just a job. Abilene lost that family friendly feeling when they were sold to Knight. Big corporate doesn’t give a crap about anyone. I work for a corporation that has almost 20K employees, so I can speak from experience. Best wishes to your Mom and family as you all deal with this setback.

5. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Absolutely correct. The best thing about my job is 2am on Friday mornings, that’s when my check is deposited in my checking account. Trust me, I’m not to overly impressed about the companies involvement, at the end of the day I earned it.

dwells40, mitrucker, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Getting unloaded a day early in the sin city,hours jacked up for the next couple days,hometime next weekend we'll see.

7. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Well, got held up in pensacola yesterday for three hrs at first stop so my 14 caught up to me and couldn’t get to Valdosta for reload yesterday so got deadheaded to Knight in Atlanta to drop my reefer and grab a dryvan for an Anthony load. Get to Anthony and the trailer isn’t there Im told to get but gave me another trailer there to get so good until I pull out and inspect everything. Two lights on the top rear busted and the brakes are cammed over but light load so I oughta make it to the trailer shop ok.

Finfn1372 Thanks this.
  8. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    John, sorry to hear about your mom, but she sounds like a big time fighter. You gotta be to live in NY. Prayers and . Godspeed, man!

48Packard, Finfn1372 and JohnBoy Thank this.
  9. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Thanks George. I appreciate your words.

10. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Looking like a reset in Colton,anybody know if we still use the yard over here?

11. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Yes. But there’s no way in hell I’d do a reset there. Disgusting dust bowl. I’d go the 13 miles to Ontario, fuel up and have access to facilities that at least let me poop shower and eat in a clean secure facility.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.