Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Not a drop. Live unload. Not for Abilene either. Got here at 11:30 and am sitting being unloaded.

Lonesome, ncmickey and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Richmond yard looks like it does on the weekend,freight looks sad,gonna have to weather the storm.

jarhead0311 Thanks this.
  4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    On a whirlwind bobtail/deadhead adventure. Left the house this morning with the marching orders to bobtail to Tallahassee and pick up an empty trailer behind a Publix store that had Hill Phoenix parts delivered last week. Got there and the trailer was still loaded and no contractors in sight. After 45 minutes of phone calls, I was then told to bobtail to Jacksonville to go to another Publix and grab an empty trailer. I decided not to call the second store. If our brain trust can’t figure this sheet out, I ain’t getting involved. I get paid by the mile, so when I’m dispatched, I go. Between the house to Tallahassee, then to Jacksonville was a total of 610 miles. Get to Jacksonville and find out the trailer was picked up Monday. Cool. Another 45 minutes on the phone with the brain trust in Richmond, then I’m told to bobtail to Stone Mountain Ga to grab a loaded trailer going back to Richmond. A total of 989 miles of bobtail and I’m now parked in a rest area in Florida. 690 miles driving today, and I’m still in Florida. Outstanding.

I’ll be in Richmond tomorrow evening. Truck is due for a service, need a new windshield and have an exhaust clamp that needs replacing. This will be done Friday morning. I got the phone call from the dude in charge of our LTL. Told me he’s putting together a Denver/SLC/Prineville and Portland load that has my name on it. Hopefully I won’t be running around Florida and Georgia chasing after imaginary trailers. How does a company loose sight of these things?

5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I went through that same crap when I was a Knight driver.

Finfn1372, xlsdraw and motocross25 Thank this.
  6. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    This was my life as a shag driver in KC for an otr company. Yea it paid hourly, but the hassle and frustration wasn’t worth chasing phantom trailers all day at these big dumb warehouses where you wait in line to check in at the guard shack, just to go wait in line in the receiving office to be told that trailer left a day ago. On more than a couple days, I zig zagged the greater KC metro area looking for trailers that didn’t exist literally all day and never got one.

Finfn1372, dwells40, mitrucker and 2 others Thank this.
  7. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Hang in there JohnBoy it's almost over! Pretty soon I'll be watching you go by occasionally with your new tanker.

Finfn1372, JohnBoy and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    @JohnBoy I’m enjoying breakfast at Lisa’s this morning.

Finfn1372, Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  9. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    It was like this before we got bought by Knight. We've never known where our empties are. It was a source of profound puzzlement for me when I was new. You'd think they'd want to keep track of those.

Finfn1372, Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    New Mexico?

Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  11. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Yes.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.