Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Someone called? How may I be of assistance to you this wonderful day?

jarhead0311 and YardMule89 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    More old trailers to drag around...

4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Should match up perfectly with the #### we have now.

Lonesome, Bumper and jarhead0311 Thank this.
  5. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    My first time at sarasota BH so had no idea what looked here dock wise. Got myself in a bind because I pulled straight in thinking I could just blind side it in. Had to back out into stanley steemer then go back towards the main rd to sight side. Only problem was some woman bh employee decided to park her suv right on the corner of the drive and the R&M truck that delivered earlier decided to park in front of her instead of going to a rest area or truckstop to wait for his next load. Fortunately the lady was nice and moved her suv so I could get in without running anything over. Thankfully got a rollup door too. Next load picks up at Amalie oil in Tampa going to Advance Auto DC in Gastonia, Nc. Drop and hook both ends thankfully. Hoping to see the body shop Friday if they route me up there to replace the bumper panel the wind broke off last week.

Lonesome, Bumper and JohnBoy Thank this.
  6. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Mom update…….. Surgery was done last Friday. Been in the hospital since then. Because of her age, (88), we had a few setbacks, but, she is being discharged today. Thank God everything went exactly how we all had hoped. Our 88 year old mom kicked cancers behind. Prognosis is excellent. Recuperation will be at our house. We are so thankful and beyond relieved for the outcome. Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers.

I was suppose to come out today, but I called in on Monday to let Abilene know I needed another week. I’m going to say this, as much as I am very vocal about the company for the negative things, I want to say how caring and understanding they’ve been through this. They told me to take as long as I needed. So I’ll be coming out on Monday, 2 weeks after getting home.

7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Great news..

motocross25, Bumper and JohnBoy Thank this.
  8. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    25,000 trucks and 93,000 trailers. Mom and Pop companies and O/O’s will be hard pressed to compete with this multibillion dollar corporation. A shame the government allows this. The funny part of this? They still allow kids to be involved with operations.

9. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Great news JohnBoy. It is a blessing that everything turned out for your Mom and your family. Also Abilene seems to really care about you and that is a plus for them.

Lonesome, Finfn1372 and JohnBoy Thank this.
  10. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Thank you my friend.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.