Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Head out in the morning to grab an empty,than Sanford,Nc to little east of Columbus d&h both ends.

jarhead0311 and JohnBoy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Missed most of the weather issues on my way to Fife WA. Got real windy north of Casper by the end of my day Friday, but shut down anyway for the night. Made it to the Loves in Missoula, was watching the antics on Lookout Pass, and of course they had the chain law up. I made a promise I wasn’t chaining up at this late stage of the winter. Got parked and checked. It was dropped. Nice. Fueled, showered and went to bed. Woke up the next morning to see it was back up, the roads were all red and yellow from Missoula to the top of the pass, and about 6 inches of snow was decorating my truck. I checked the route across Hwy 200 that runs parallel with 90 23 miles north up 93. Blue roads the whole way. I read about this route to avoid Lookout here on TTR, and made a corporate decision to run it. Snow packed roads 23 miles up 93 to 200, then clear the rest of the way. It took me to Sandpoint Idaho were I picked up 95 down to 90. 44 miles longer, and not one issue.

Got empty Monday morning, a day early, reloaded at Americold in Salem Oregon Monday afternoon, and now sitting in Vegas with an 0530 delivery due in Phoenix.

I’m going to say something, as critical that I am about the goings on here, the corporate structure that we follow, this experience I’m involved with in the Knight shop is outstanding. Called breakdown early this morning about my issues, thinking I would get them taken care of in Kingman. Instead, it was set up for me to go to the Knight shop here. The people I checked in with had it in the system, they were finishing one truck in front of me, brought me in, went over the issues, replaced 2 tires, 1light, and gave me a truck and trailer inspection. I mentioned it was just serviced and inspected Wednesday in Richmond, but was told that’s their policy. No problem. Was shown were to get a shower, and got a couple of cups of coffee. To say I’m impressed is an understatement.

4. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Sounds like you might extend your retirement date, right ?

5. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I don’t think so. But at least I’ll have fond memories.

6. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Accidentally messed up my 34 and had to sit an extra day since I ran my clock out running hard last week….pc’d to Walmart to get a few things and forgot to put it back into pc leaving Walmart, oh well. Picked up at Ridgeville again this morning and dropped it on Wytheville yard and going home til Tuesday.

7. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Dropped my Ohio this morning,now sitting at the dock for my 0500 appt in Nashville.
    Once unloaded head to the Wm yard and drop this empty than to volvo for a Jacksonville,good running.

jarhead0311 and JohnBoy Thank this.
  8. ExtremeUnction

ExtremeUnction Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Kids got spring break, so I'm off for a week. You folks stay safe out there.

dwells40, Lonesome, Finfn1372 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Lucky dog. Enjoy the kiddies.

10. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Got empty at Costco Tolleson Thursday morning at 0500. Waited around until 0900 then got a deadhead move to the produce center in Colton for a drop and hook going to New Albany MS for 0200 Monday morning. Just now leaving the Hopi travel center in Arizona.

11. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Is the little jewelry shop still in there? I bought a couple very nice rings from there back in 2011. Lost one of them somewhere in KY during the winter in 2014. I loved that ring.

jarhead0311 and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.