Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    A Volvo?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Wow. I did the same amount of time there. I had two trucks and one loaner and that was all.

jarhead0311 Thanks this.
  4. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Yeah, as far as auto shifts go I prefer volvo’s. When manuals were still in I didn’t care what manufacture I drove.

Bumper Thanks this.
  5. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Yeah, the majority of the breakdowns were DEF system related issues, one needed a new turbo, and one the hood got destroyed along with the deer guard bent up due to a eastern European dude in a dually with a big car hauling trailer going around me like he forgot he was pulling a trailer.

Lonesome and dwells40 Thank this.
  6. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    I did have quite a few breakdowns due to the def system. One time it happened in LA. They would have to wait until late at night to test it because of the traffic. They had to maintain a certain speed which was impossible during the day. It sucked because at 10:00 PM it’s not fixed go back to the hotel.

jarhead0311 Thanks this.
  7. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    At the Richmond yard. Leaving after a reset Sunday morning with a 4 drop load that drops in Somerset Ky, St Louis Mo, Seattle Wa and finals in San Francisco Ca. 3844 paid miles. The only issue is I won’t get the final off until a week from Monday. Works out fine because I’ll need another reset so I’ll get it taken care of in Corning next weekend. We had to have a meeting of the minds about this load. Told them I don’t mind doing this load, but to split it next Saturday, something they don’t usually do, so I can get paid for most of it by cutoff next weekend. All I’ll be short will be about 100 miles and 1 drop that will carry over. This way I won’t miss a paycheck.

8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Is the TA still open in Corning? Havent been in NorCal in a very long time...

9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Yes. I got fuel there last month.

Bumper Thanks this.
  10. jarhead0311

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    My back is toast moving trucks twice this week. I definitely don’t recommend surgery without multiple consults and opinions. I think it is all the titanium parts they put in but surgeries I had were free due to the injury being military related. Thankfully getting a reset in then pickup in Jarratt Sunday going to Groveport.

dwells40, Bumper and runningman0661 Thank this.
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    That was one of my go to spots in Central California. Redwood was another. There are times that I miss being OTR and then I watch Matlock and forget all about it.... :)

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.