Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Ok, I finally was able to sleep in this morning, well, until 8 this morning which for me is late. I got up, and cleaned the inside of my truck, now the inside matches the outside. I went in and took a shower, had breakfast, then went back to the truck and had a message waiting for me from dispatch. Kimberly told me to go see Aaron at the Wytheville yard for my next load. I drove over to the other side of 81 and went in to find out where I'm headed next. I told him my reset was up at 5am so he looked at the computer and gave me a load that is sitting on the yard that delivers at 1pm tomorrow in LaVergne Tn. Not bad, 360 miles and I'm 125 miles from Murray Ky for a Pella load when I empty out tomorrow.

This is the first reset I am doing where the new H.O.S. are really a joke. My reset is actually up at 10pm tonight, but because the new rules say 2 consecutive 1am-5am time frames, I have to sit here until 5am. Like I haven't had enough rest. I have hometime scheduled for next Monday and Tuesday. I plan on being home Sunday. My wife and I are having our house painted, new French doors put in and having new hurricane shutters installed throughout the house, I want to be there when the work starts, at least when they demo the back wall for the new doors. Anyway, that's my day today. I'll be up at 5am, get some coffee then drive back across 81 to get my trailer. I plan on being in LaVergne at noon local time tomorrow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Enjoy the trip and yes the new H.O.S. are a joke and I do not quite understand them fully but as long as peoplenet shows that I have a full 70 when I start on Sunday or Monday I go with that.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  4. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Do you get to stay at yard in Wytheville or do you have to go to the J or do you just got over there to have a place to mess around ? I asked before but can't remember.

5. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    We can stay at the yard. I usually do, it's very quiet at night. The only reason I didn't was because I got my truck washed yesterday and the yard can get dusty at times. I slept at the J at the 80mm last night, woke up this morning then went to see dispatch, then went to Walmart, then spent the day at the J at the 77. I just went and picked up my trailer,and drove the mile to the Hess. I'm leaving at 6am. Don't read too much into my driving around today while I'm still on my reset, it really isn't what you might think........wink wink.

6. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Your just making the rounds at all the truck stops in Wytheville. We will probably pass each other on 81 in the morning. Have a safe ride tomorrow.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  7. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    You're absolutely right. I slept at the J at the 80, spent the day yesterday at the J at the 77, went and visited the Walmart at the 70 then spent the night at the Wilco last night. I was going to send out postcards but no one had any showing the picturesque fuel islands of said truck stops.

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  8. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Okay I am stressing so bad about my wifes surgery in the morning. I should have been home tonight but it took them 8 hours to load me in Kansas so I am on my 10 in Cattlesburg, KY. I have to take this load to the Wythville yard, just got a deadhead move to Sabra with an empty. Called in to ask what from there as I am over-stressed of getting stuck. Don't know who it was I spoke to but think it was Rhonda, said someone will be there when I show up. I'll get there about 4:30-5. Is that true that there will be someone there? Gonna post in the other forum to in the hopes i'll get an answer before midnight. Thanks

9. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I don't think someone's there, I'm not sure.

10. Woobie

Woobie Medium Load Member

May 3, 2013
    RVA
    Does Abilene use trippak or transflo?

11. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Transflow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.