Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    It is an Evo, Cascadia Evolution is what it says on the door. Correct on the mattress swap.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Thanks Larry. I've been parking on the northbound side lately. I've been getting home a little late and the southbound side is full. You gonna be home for Thanksgiving? Be safe my friend.

Larryparker Thanks this.
  4. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I spent all day Saturday moving. My load didn't show up until 8pm. I left out and made it to Raphine and called it a night. Got up and was rolling to Chester Il for my first drop. I ended my day at the rest area just south of Mt Vernon Il. I had 65 miles from there to Chester. For the life of me I can't understand why I had no phone service running along the Mississippi River this morning, I mean come on, I was only 70 miles south of St Louis and had no service until I got about 2 miles south of Chester on Hwy 3. I pulled over near a construction site at 7am hoping to find someone that could direct me to this drop in this one horse town. Low and behold a good Samaritan showed up, granted the car he was driving had all sorts of blue lights on it and the driver carried a big stick. Mr. LEO told me to follow him and he took me right to the drop. Nice fellow.

I was done with all 6 of my drops at 12:45. While I was inside at the last drop my reload came over the computer. I had to go to the Volvo dealer in Collinsville, about 12 miles from where I was to drop and hook from a driver who was broke down and in the shop. The load I have delivers in Richmond on Wednesday. Right now I'm getting ready for bed here in Waddy Ky at the hook. I'm beat. 6 drops, a drop and hook and 579 miles for the day, Here's a few pictures from my moving day on Saturday.

#1 The new ride #2 Old and new #3 Sorry to see her go.

New Cascadia Evolution 11-2-13.jpg Moving Day. 11-2-13 1318 to 1487.jpg End of our relationship. 11-2-13  #1318.jpg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    The Challenger Thanks this.
  5. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Almost forgot, I met up with Scooterdawg yesterday. Although it was for a short time, it was well worth it. What a cool dude.

6. BigBrin

BigBrin Medium Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Fun day! Very curious to see your upcoming freightliner vs volvo opinions. Especially on fuel mileage. Do you know if the found that trailer? It was missing since 8am Sunday. It was suppose to deliver in Tampa today at 8am!

7. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I'll share my findings next week. I'm curious also. I haven't heard anything about the missing trailer.

8. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Hey I have that trailer debacle, well sort of.

Made my 0500 BH drop in Ridgeland, SC. Went back to Joker Joes to go back to sleep and wait for a load. Come 1000 I woke back up and no messages so I sent in a freeform. Will came back with a load assignment and message to meet a driver up in Florence at the Pilot for a swap. A HP load for Publix in Tampa. Will said its critical and may have to do another swap. Not when I get it, I'll work my time and route and get it there.

Driver hands me the paperwork and tells me the trailer number has been swapped. I looked at it and said "hey, this is that trailer they were looking for". Don't know if HP screwed up the trailers or bills or what but the trailer # on the bill is what they were looking for.

9. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    BigBrin I wrote up some of my thoughts between the two in our other thread. From what I understand JB may get a little better mileage in the Evo. I just got in this Cascadia Fri but I would give it a couple points better. I was at about 6.7 in the Volvo and so far with 1900 miles at 6.9.

10. BigBrin

Nov 1, 2013
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Wow. Had that happen with our hummus people about 2 mos ago,,,5266 was really 5269. Only way i figured out was to search all reefers by the seal#!!! The bad part about your tampa load was the poor guy who was supposed to run it. He was in dispatch with me @8am thru noon and he was burning his clock. They had him running all over the three plantstwice to verify and double check trailer#s! They should have reassigned him and let him run. I bet he ended up having to take 10 off!
    i had waited to hear when my load for Sun was going to be ready all day Sat and Sunday morning only fir J to have track it down by email that it was ready and sitting over at battery park the whole time!

11. BigBrin

Nov 1, 2013
    Mechanicsville, VA
    I figured the cascadia was going to be better bc of all the testing freghtliner did in the wind tunnel. Read about it online, pretty amazing all the work that went into the design. Someone told me that the wheel covers made a .25 mpg difference alone according to the net. I know one thing i bet your a lot happier night driving vs the volvo piss-weak low beams!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.