Abilene Motor Express....A New Place To Call Home

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I'm home. Arrived into the arms of my better half at 2pm. Today was another milestone with my new employer, payday. It was exactly right, direct deposited and not an issue to take care of. Let me tell you, from where I came from, to where I'm at, it sure is nice to be able to do my job and have everyone else do theirs correctly. What a concept. Amazing. Got a poop load of things to do this weekend around the house. Talk soon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Enjoy your time at the Casa, if my plans comes together I will be home by noon tomorrow and back out Tuesday.

Strykor, JohnBoy and The Challenger Thank this.
  4. cowmantrucker

cowmantrucker Bobtail Member

May 3, 2012
    Grove, OK
    on that issue its also nice to be at a small company where u can actually talk to the payroll person and they care.

5. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    James, you know me, I don't want to have to talk to anyone about issues. It's very rewarding to not have to have an upset stomach on Fridays looking at your pay in the hopes it's right, then if it isn't, having to spend the next week getting it corrected, then being told it will be on your next check. Not a cool way of spending your free time.

nextgentrucker, camerafreak and pete1 Thank this.
  6. Larryparker

Larryparker Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Boynton beach, FL
    Have a great weekend John.

7. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Thanks Larry. You do the same. Are you home?

8. Larryparker

Larryparker Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Boynton beach, FL
    I am in Orangeburg, SC, doing a 34 reset, deliver in the morning , reload and off to KY. I am keeping busy, but never get home anymore. Its a great company, but all income is a result of how hard I work. Sucess or failure,its up to me. Keeps me on my toes. I ay are still a good companym glad I bought the glider, and at leased save a few on the cost of a new truck. I had speced out a new 780, but had been looking at Fitzgerald trucks for a while. I think it was a good choice.

And it looks like a good choice and good fit for you too over there at Abline. I hope you find a good home. As I mentioned to you
    I had been accepted there and then deceided I like driving my own alot better. But the they are still a good company.
    Hoping you are having a great weekend home. Enjoy, and take good care,

Safe Miles,

Larry

The Challenger, jlind and JohnBoy Thank this.
  9. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Left the house at 7am this morning to drop my 2 coolers off in Tamarac. I get there and there's 2 dropped Abilene trailers there so I figure I'll have a drop and hook. Wasn't to be, both the trailers were loaded with coolers. My 2 needed to be installed first then the ones on those trailers would be installed after my 2. It really worked out better for me anyway. I was done in 20 minutes and back home at 9am. I put in to reload Wednesday. I'll call into dispatch later today just to touch base and see if I need to leave the house late tomorrow to load somewhere on Wednesday, meanwhile, my wife and I are going to the Miami Heat playoff game tonight. Be safe all, God Bless.

The Challenger and charlene2000 Thank this.
  10. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Getting loaded in Jacksonville with a load going to Newport News Va for Friday morning. Sure was tough leaving the house this afternoon. But as we all know, gotta turn them wheels!

nextgentrucker, Lonesome and mgt1085 Thank this.
  11. G ( $ ) Money

G ( $ ) Money Bobtail Member

May 9, 2013
    Greensboro NC
    Getting ready for orientation Monday, So looking forward to it, thanks for your post.

nextgentrucker, GoldenLad and JohnBoy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.