about the only good thing they have is their trucks

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by wickedluis, Apr 6, 2007.

1. SouthsideTRKman

SouthsideTRKman Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
    If you are too lazy to get out and shorten your tandems to make a tight turn and then set them back for the dock you probably should ride a desk anyway....it's not like you gotta physically push the trailer back! You have a freakin 400-500 HP motor doing all the work, so you deserve to blow a tire! Laziness is the number one reason I have seen for anyone on these boards having a "I had the most minor accident" occurence and getting fired or a crappy DAC! I don't even work for CFI but once my CRST gig is up I am considering them because of some of their other policies that seem to fit my lifestyle....mainly staying out on the road for as long as I want to.

Christ, people will find the slightest things to complain about!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    If you survived CRST. You'll do well at CFI. But do come back and see us in 12 months, and let us know how well you like it.

Staying out as long as you want with CFI, doesn't translate into MORE money. It only translates into more time away from home.

4. SouthsideTRKman

Apr 13, 2008
    Well, I am listening to your advice, I am going to try to stick it out at CRST for another three months and then I will try CFI or Melton. After I reach my 1- 1.5 year of OTR trucking I am just gonna try to find a local job, which is what I eventually want anyway. If I decide to stay OTR, I will definately do some research on companies to find one that I can stick with...I am not disagreeing or saying CFI is better than anyone else, because I am smart enough to know better...but when you post here that you blew a tire for something you could have prevented, that's not the fault of the company, no matter who the company is.

5. SouthsideTRKman

Apr 13, 2008
    I think your advice is on the money danc, but I have decided to stick with CRST for another three months and then try CFI or Melton. Once I hit the one year mark, I think it's local time for me.....if I decide to stay OTR, I will definately research into companies that have a low turnover rate.

6. no one

no one Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2009

So stitches can't make a simple sight side turn without carnage ,and can't back up slowly/ safely . I mean if I were looking at these incidents I would be shaking my head as well ,but please tell me she uses a more professional name than stitches when dealing with management in day 2 day operations . It just sounds low rent and ghetto .

7. jshepp

jshepp Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2009
    missouri
    i'm new to this trucking lingo, what does it mean to reset... i'm considering starting school in feb. for conway. but with all the lay offs how can you be sure there will be a job waiting for you after school. 5 wks school 3 days orientation, that would put in april driving, would things would have turned around by then. especially if i put out 1900 of my own savings.
    any suggestions from conway drivers would be appeciated. sitting here at home unemployed

8. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    A 'reset' is a 34 hour break that resets your 70 hour clock and gives you back the full 70 hours you have to drive on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.