About to become a new O/O..need some advice

Discussion in 'Swift' started by SouthernOrangeman, Jan 9, 2015.

1. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    Is the contract available to view online? I am not about to sign anything yet, but I don't know where a copy of such contract is. I am looking at this particular truck model, I am nowhere near a swift terminal so I do not know what is all in the agreement. I am asking so I can find out what options does the company have. Do they finance a truck or do you have to lease the truck in question?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Good truck but you won't be able to lease on with Swift due to that year model about to be banned in California . You should contact Swift at 800-800-2200 in Phoenix and get the list of acceptable trucks and then go shopping . Most companies have similar restrictions .

rokue Thanks this.
  4. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    Well
    Well it doesn't have to be that exact year model in question. I'll give them a call that way I can get a good idea on what is the best year, and a list of dealerships they work with so I can look through inventories.

5. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX

They don't have a list of dealerships since they lease their trucks directly from the manufacturers . The problem is the California Air Resources Board (CARB) which regulates what emission equipment is required and does so primarily by year model .

A few years ago many owner operators did expensive modifications to bring older trucks into compliance through 2023 and CARB recently changed the rules so those trucks are only good through 2020.

Swift and other companies you might lease to want trucks that can go to all 48 states indefinitely .

6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    In addition to IEL, some of the terminals do have agreements with outside dealers. I know Lathrop works with the local Arrow dealer ... the Lathrop shop even does the dealer prep for Arrow trucks.

Columbus also works with an outside dealer - don't know which one. I'll mosey by the the display truck tomorrow and see if the dealer is indentified.

7. No names left

No names left Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I'd be doing my very best Usain Bolt impersonation.

8. truckbuddha

truckbuddha Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Well what's the end of this story? Did you end up with a truck from IEL ? Is it a Buyout truck or a lease?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.