(Abs) Proper way to clean tone ring/tooth wheel?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by HopeOverMope, Jul 27, 2017.

1. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Well my new ecu came in. Put it on. Short to ground code went away. Got two new active codes. Axle 3 value to low. Basically the ecu I got was configured to 6s/6m , I have 6s/ 4 modulators. Nobody in town had wabco toolbox software to reconfigure. Have to go drive about two hours to someone that has the software.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Along the frame is a bad spot to mount ABS units. We see enough fail on snow plows. All newer trucks have them mounted inside to prevent failures like this. Well, at least you are a big step closer to finally resolving this issue!

HopeOverMope and tony97905 Thank this.
  4. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    BUYER BEWARE! The orginal frame mount D version wabco ecu comes pre configured and according to all tge wabco tech people its a ONE TIME PROGRAM, cannot be rewritten. After driving 2 hours thr toolbox software cantnot reconfigure it.

Guess what,no replacement either. They dont make it no more. They may sell a new ecu that has a new harness that does not come pre pinned

Well guess i cant drive my truck until i turn one up at a salvage yard or buy tge new ecu if there is one. Active fault codes looking for modulators that aren't there. Try telling that to dot

If anyone knows a back door into this ecu to reconfigure it I would love to know thanks

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If you have an ABS diagnostic switch somewhere, try this;

Attached Files:

HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  6. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Just got another ecu overnight'ed. Works like a charm. They found ONE in inventory

$1550 but as soon as I keyed on I was good, no more faults. Must of had a bad ecu to begin with.

---It might be your ecu

If some one needs wabco frame mount D part number 446 106 070 6s/6m let me know I can strike you a good deal. (Brand new so to speak)

Thanks for the company there mr heavy D

Heavyd Thanks this.
  7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Case closed!

HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  8. Silver & Black Trans

Silver & Black Trans Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2019
    2102 prostar drives,can I re-use my abs tone ring on my new hub part#2597190c91

9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If you have a new hub without a tone ring, it depends if it is machined to accept one or not. If you can remove the old one and install it without damage and get it perfectly installed so it will not cause a wobble run codes, yes, you can certainly reuse them.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    BoxCarKidd and spsauerland Thank this.
  10. Silver & Black Trans

Silver & Black Trans Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.